Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Bigmuscle, i am now testing version 0.9.

In my first post on 29 April about V0.8, i mentioned that blur effect is missing when windows are over IE10, but i realize now that this happens only when using blur in native mode (non native mode in V0.8 gived me only transparency, no blur).

Now V0.9 works very fine and i have blur without using Native mode. Artifacts are still here (but very minors), but i noticed they appears only when i am in dual screen, or on first screen (laptop)! When i am only on secondary screen there is no artifacts.

Hope this helped you, regards.

PM me and I have a auto-installer script I wrote that will make it easy for you..DPyes.gif

Hey all,

I tried looking through but 75 pages takes a bit more time than I have. I downloaded the latest file, but I am not a programmer. What do I need to make this aeroglass modification work. It just looks like I got registry edit files and the readme only mentions updates and not a how to. The youtube video I came across had an EXE to activate and deactivate the process. How can I create/obtain this.. short of taking programming courses. I computer literate, but not in programming. I dont want to edit the registry automatically without knowing all the keys so I can set them back to default.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hey all,

I tried looking through but 75 pages takes a bit more time than I have. I downloaded the latest file, but I am not a programmer. What do I need to make this aeroglass modification work. It just looks like I got registry edit files and the readme only mentions updates and not a how to. The youtube video I came across had an EXE to activate and deactivate the process. How can I create/obtain this.. short of taking programming courses. I computer literate, but not in programming. I dont want to edit the registry automatically without knowing all the keys so I can set them back to default.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You may be referring to the Aero Glass Tweaker, see link in my signature for more info.

I tried 0.9 and edited the registry destination to C:\windows\aero\DWMGlass.dll, then put everything in aero folder, is there a reason why it didn't work at all? no errors or anything, but UI looks completely the same.

Just install the gui AGTweaker with the dll files for your OS bit..

I tried 0.9 and edited the registry destination to C:\windows\aero\DWMGlass.dll, then put everything in aero folder, is there a reason why it didn't work at all? no errors or anything, but UI looks completely the same.

I tried using Tweaker but have experienced no change whatsoever.

not sure it will work from windows folder - make a folder in c - dwm will do - put it in there with aero tweaker and try that - if that does not pick it up alter the reg file to show the new location and run that

I have a installer that I made that automatically sets it all up for you, if interested let me know and I can post it ...DP

I tried using Tweaker but have experienced no change whatsoever.

Hey guys, so I made an account to thank Big Muscle for his outstanding work on this, it looks like it is really working well now and I can't wait to the official release (presumably v1.0?) - I would install it right now but I basically don't know what the hell I'm doing, I can't open the ".7z" file that I have to download (hopefully the final version will be a regular, supported file version like .ZIP or something like ORelio does for his software) and I'm not sure what the best software would be to download a ".7z" file format. Then after I find a way to get software to open that file format I doubt it's as easy as clicking on an installer in the folder, lol

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the actual software when it's out of beta, again, good stuff Big Muscle!

Hey guys, so I made an account to thank Big Muscle for his outstanding work on this, it looks like it is really working well now and I can't wait to the official release (presumably v1.0?) - I would install it right now but I basically don't know what the hell I'm doing, I can't open the ".7z" file that I have to download (hopefully the final version will be a regular, supported file version like .ZIP or something like ORelio does for his software) and I'm not sure what the best software would be to download a ".7z" file format. Then after I find a way to get software to open that file format I doubt it's as easy as clicking on an installer in the folder, lol

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the actual software when it's out of beta, again, good stuff Big Muscle!

It's a fairly common compression format, I use ALZip, I hear 7zip is also good.

7-z is just better compression, here is a 7zip sfx file I made that will work for you, just install then right click file and it will be in the 7-zip context menu..DPyes.gif

[download 7-zip.sfx]

You should probably just wait for the final version, I think.