Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Just as an FYI - one of the latest Microsoft patches (KB2855336) has broken this application. I suspect it's because of the update to the DWM.exe process. Notes from the update:

"2852483 Memory leak occurs in the Dwm.exe process on a Remote Desktop computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012"

That update is installed here with no issues.

Just as an FYI - one of the latest Microsoft patches (KB2855336) has broken this application. I suspect it's because of the update to the DWM.exe process. Notes from the update:

"2852483 Memory leak occurs in the Dwm.exe process on a Remote Desktop computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012"

Nothing broken here...

KB2835364OK.png

-Noel

Nothing broken here...

KB2835364OK.png

-Noel

May be he use not 1.0 version?

For me RC work with this update.

That update is installed here with no issues.

Same here, no problems with that (KB2855336) update!

No problems here either. What does it mean "has broken this application"? If the update influences dwm.exe file only, it cannot influence this application.

Windows update KB2855336 makes it not work saying it not compatiable. I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit. Also how much is the donation for the v1.0 and how do I pay you for it

Did you use the AGTweaker program to enable Aero?

This website is totally messed up - full of double posts, wrong layout. It's really annoying to visit this thread multiple times a day just to see that the final version of this valuable software is not yet released

a) yeah, that's why I'm going to ask moderators to lock this topic and will create new one when final is out

b) I recommend you to do better things than visiting this thread multiple times a day - then you won't be so impatient ;-)

It seems that my home internet connection is working again but it is still very slow. If it does not crash again like every evening, I could probably build, upload and... :-)

Actually I identified 3 problem updates (KB2838727, KB2846071 and KB2855336) back in July with DWM and AeroGlass from my post#2429 on page 98 seems not everyone has this issue maybe because of system cofig, video drivers etc. but I would take a look at these 3 and if having issues just back date with system restore or uninstall them..DP

A bit of strangeness. After working flawlessly for a few months, it suddenly stopped working correctly. The windows will have the rounded corners, but no longer any sort of transparency. Solid colored.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it keeps happening. Could this be result of a recent Windows 8 update?

As mentioned before, if you get "DWM incompatible" message after Windows updates, it is caused that your internet connection is not available when dwm.exe is starting and thus it cannot access MS symbol server to get information what has been changed in the update. This can be easily solved by manually restarting dwm.exe process. Or... you are using some kind of crack.

For those who may be running Windows 8.1 in a VM for development and testing:

When I installed the Windows 8.1 Previews, both Pro and Enterprise, in VMware Workstation 9 virtual machines, I found that the Windows Networking (e.g., copying files and folders from other Windows systems, such as the host) just didn't work right. It would try to work, but would then stall. Invoking other network activity - even something like a web speed test - would magically wake it up.

With the help of the VMware people today, we isolated the problem to be in the emulated Intel e1000e network interface.

The fix is trivally simple: With the guest OS shut down, edit the .vmx file that describes the virtual machine, and change the virtual NIC from "e1000e" to "e1000". You'll end up with something like this in the .vmx file:

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

-Noel

Edited by NoelC