Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

The aero8 theme doesn't work anymore ever since my computer installed some updates. Any fix?

It seems you were using UltraUxThemePatcher or similar program to have custom themes on your Windows 8. Instead use UxStyle or the BypassThemeSignature Feature in BM's "Aero Glass for Windows 8".

UxStyle is only for x64. How do I enable the BypassThemeSignature thing

The aero8 theme doesn't work anymore ever since my computer installed some updates. Any fix?

It seems you were using UltraUxThemePatcher or similar program to have custom themes on your Windows 8. Instead use UxStyle or the BypassThemeSignature Feature in BM's "Aero Glass for Windows 8".

this worked for me - not tried it on 32bit

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163498-bigmuscles-aero-glass-aio-installer-by-mr-grim/

Open regedit.exe, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM make a new key (DWORD) there named BypassThemeSignature and set it value to 1 (to disable it set it to 0).

WDRGBr6.jpg

Hi,Big Muscle,my question comes up that when I turn AutoColorization on to "dword:00000001", with ever time the system changing the color ,ColorizationColorBalance will be initialized into 78. I just want to set the window panel opacity into 50 or lower with setting the ColorizationColorBalance value, but it does not work, it will automaticly change to the default value 78. So please tell me how to change the default value of ColorizationColorBalance?? Then I can not only have a suitable opacity of showing but also experience the AutoColorization....

What's wrong with it?

I Posted some time ago about which "Problem Updates" that were causing that, you can use also use this script to use custom theme signatures if you don't already have your theme files patched.DP :yes:

BypassThemeSignature.7z

FYI, the Windows 8.1 release date has been announced.

12:00am on October 18th in New Zealand (that’s 4:00am October 17th in Redmond, Washington).

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2013/08/14/mark-your-calendars-for-windows-8-1.aspx

That's the day Microsoft puts another nail in its own coffin, despite the best efforts of BigMuscle and other 3rd party software wizards to restore essential functionality.

-Noel

I haven't tried Aero 0.95RC on Win8RTM (I decided to never install it given the bad press, and not wanting to waste almost 4Gb of D/L allowance)

It was immediately obvious in reviews that the RTM version suddenly lost a special feature.

I had been using the Windows 8 Release Preview 8400 on a spare system since release, and often still compare it to the Win8.1 Release Preview now on my other HTPC.

So much to talk about... In short I am trying the 8.1 'Aero prototype' on the HTPC. I wish it was better..... :( The Aero effect in the prototype has minimal blur, background windows appear almost white as before- nothing like 8400 which I thought was the benchmark to duplicate. (Having not used your 0.95RC or later.. I don't know how it looks)

To me, The Windows build 8400 is almost the right combination of Ribbon menus, and Aero Glass,The updated Task Mgr, File Progress indicators... etc (Yes I am ignoring completely the 'Metro' side of things, since it is total rubbish on screens larger than say ~21" regardless which build you try.

Funny how two simple things have thousands of us complaining and hacking. There was enough Aero (well, Transparency) in 8400 to evade complaint.

They need to reinstate it natively... Even the Start8 replacement menu is laggy- not like in Win7.

Even Gadgets still worked on 8400, Adding Start8 to it recently makes it even feel like 8.1 running BM's AeroGlass... Only better.

Using Metro on my 46" screen is a joke... stand back and refocus for a horrible massive experience of dysfunction. Illogical scrolling- That News App that is useless.

So Desktop mode is my place to be. Windows 8.x will be fine- there is some great new stuff.......It just needs Slightly Transparent Borders.. ala GLASS.

Keep trying BM, I will be here testing for you for the 8.1 version of your Glass replacement. I run it everyday despite the cmd box- at least the license.key works nicely thank you!

Microsoft really needs to learn to listen more- removing these simple features has ruined the look and function of the desktop (Probably the point).

Ralcool

can someone tell me the default registry keys for the highlighted texts?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\DWM\\DWMGlass64.dll"
"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

and the default color swatches?

TransBar.7z

While we are all anxiously awaiting the live version of AeroGlass, I thought I would share a free transparency taskbar tool that I have been using called "TransBar", some of you may remember it from the XP days. This is a free app and is no longer supported but still works great for Windows 8.
Enjoy..DP :thumbup

Download==> http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Transbar-Download-212.html

Edited by DosProbie

Ah, I remember of this tool, it was used for taskbar transparency in vista transformation packs for windows XP :)

Yep that's the one, I included a content menu for it also in my download..DP

Edited by DosProbie

can someone tell me the default registry keys for the highlighted texts?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001

"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\DWM\\DWMGlass64.dll"

"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

and the default color swatches?

It should be DWMGlass.dll unless you renamed it.

64 is not supposed to be in the name.

Edited by Dreamweaver01

Just as an FYI - one of the latest Microsoft patches (KB2855336) has broken this application. I suspect it's because of the update to the DWM.exe process. Notes from the update:

"2852483 Memory leak occurs in the Dwm.exe process on a Remote Desktop computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012"