Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

bigmuscle, is it possible to implement shadows around the window, exactly how it's implemented in Windows 7? The semitransparent blurred window borders looks much more contrast with shadows.

The shadow is relative with visual-style file(*.msstyles).Use Aero 8 by xxiNightxx theme.

The shadow is relative with visual-style file(*.msstyles).Use Aero 8 by xxiNightxx theme.

You can also use the Release Preview theme, which has a small shadow, or the custom themes resource that was included with AGTweaker.

Local%20Disk%20%28C%29.png

Edited by WindowsOS

Thanks! But the shadow size still smaller than original Win7. And if I choose "rounded corners" theme, there are some artifacts on the corners.

By the way, bigmuscle already rendering window borders; I think it will be a nice feature of the AeroGlass - not for the upcoming release, of course but in future...

And if I choose "rounded corners" theme, there are some artifacts on the corners.

You forgot to do this. With this W8 won't fill up the corners with color.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:RoundRectRadius (DWORD, Win8 = 0, Win7 = 12)

Edited by Blackbird256

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:RoundRectRadius (DWORD, Win8 = 0, Win7 = 12)

This setting doesn't do anything in the AeroGlass release dll. By the way, IMHO it will be much easier to have all "Win7 like" settings in the one app instead of app + custom unsigned themes. What's why I've asked bigmuscle about this feature...

[uPDATE] Thanks again, I've got correct rounded corners - it was my fault, I've created QWORD (64 bit DWORD) instead 32-bit DWORD param :)

Edited by SeNS

Information from Posts:

Donators have the finished final version, but not as an installer, They needed to send bigmuscle there Machine code for activation to work.

I think bigmuscle is working on an Installer version, with key/serial activation without Machine code being needed for Public Release.

If this is so bigmuscle i owe you an apology, for one of my post, SORRY from ace2. ;)

And if I choose "rounded corners" theme, there are some artifacts on the corners.

With my custom theme I have found this reg setting that will enable rounded corners

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

and UserPreferencesMask and TranscodedImageCache...DP

The release is imminent, have a little patience. We have currently testing out the installer and the feedback is positive.

Yep, all working great here. BigMuscle does quality work!

-Noel