Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

For my part, I just hope that if you decide to go the paid route, there won't be any retarded activation procedures many paid software is known for. Because let's face it: the only ones who are inconvenienced by the protection measures are people who actually paid for the software. The rest will just get a cracked version with none of such nonsense, which is bound to appear sometime as it always happens with good/popular software.

@Yzöwl

I do like the direct approach of calling up an embedded java script within your batch instead of writing to temp, nice touch.. DP :sneaky:

That's actually JScript just to be clear. 2 different things.

I've been absent for quite some time. But I keep getting this error... Does anyone know how to fix it? http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1293/pbwj.png

Make sure you have internet connected when logging into your user account, the Hook should find the related symbols from the Microsoft servers and start working again.

Maybe BM will add a Troubleshooting tab from his website with screen shots etc for such errors when he goes live with AG..

Edited by DosProbie

Used Windows 8 with Aero Glass for Win8 on the job all day today doing heavy software evaluation and testing.

What an absolute pleasure to use with this fine tool installed by comparison to a stock system.

-Noel

I understand that the way to control transparency now is to adjust the "Color intensity" in control panel. However, this is not possible if I select 'automatic color' - the color intensity slider does not appear any more. So is there a way to control (increase) transparency, while selecting 'automatic color' option? For the record, if I choose any specific color instead of automatic, the procedure to adjust transparency via 'color intensity' works well.

Also, is there a way to change (decrease) blur?

Unfortunately, you cannot. It is by design that automatic means completely automatic.

Oh, OK. The reason I asked is because when I set the color to automatic, the color of the windows changes according to the changing desktop backround. And since I have set my wallpaper to change automatically every few hours, I rather like that feature of automatically matching window color. But NP, the glass effect is more important, so I shall choose a particular color and lower the intensity.

What about blur? In the earlier versions, there was an option to control the blur (I was using one of the agtweaker apps to do it). Is it not possible anymore? I personally like to have a little less blur, so that I can (just about) read the text behind a window.

Unfortunately, you cannot. It is by design that automatic means completely automatic.

Oh, OK. The reason I asked is because when I set the color to automatic, the color of the windows changes according to the changing desktop backround. And since I have set my wallpaper to change automatically every few hours, I rather like that feature of automatically matching window color. But NP, the glass effect is more important, so I shall choose a particular color and lower the intensity.

What about blur? In the earlier versions, there was an option to control the blur (I was using one of the agtweaker apps to do it). Is it not possible anymore? I personally like to have a little less blur, so that I can (just about) read the text behind a window.

Download AeroRainbow and have that run on startup. Gives you the same effect of Automatic, but you can have it change the color based on wallpaper or your active application's icon color. I use it and it does exactly what I want as far as changing colors and keeping glass.

The automatic color is not handled by DWM. Actually, you can manually change transparency for automatic color in registry, but next time you restart explorer.exe, your settings will be reset.

Changing the amount of the blur is not supported. The reason is that my library uses native DWM pixel shader with precomputed values. I wanted to reimplement DWM algorithm to generate gaussian weights for custom blur radius but I have not found time for it yet. However, it will be supported in Win8.1 where the algorithm for blurring is much much simple.

bigmuscle, is it possible to implement shadows around the window, exactly how it's implemented in Windows 7? The semitransparent blurred window borders looks much more contrast with shadows.