Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

RC 4 is working like a charm here (up to date Win 8 Pro WMC x64). Chapeaux!!! Installed for testing in fully updated ProWMC beeing in Audit-Mode and syspreped/captured afterwards. When running this install in VM, after installing VMware Tools, Glass starts working fine.

Can´t await the final :D.

Dang! Haha, so I guess I'm not the only one the just had Windows update itself into a crazy mess, I simply disabled glass from AGTweaker and deleted the application for now. Not including today's events, this software has been working perfectly and I'll wait for the full version (which is hopefully soon) - hopefully this recent windows update didn't screw too much with the actual Glass8 process BigMuscle, but from what I'm reading, the issue wan't your software, but the installers like AGTweaker. Best of luck on getting the final product out the door! I'll be one of the first to download it when it arrives, that's for sure!

Edited by BlindMango

Dang! Haha, so I guess I'm not the only one the just had Windows update itself into a crazy mess, I simply disabled glass from AGTweaker and deleted the application for now. Not including today's events, this software has been working perfectly and I'll wait for the full version (which is hopefully soon) - hopefully this recent windows update didn't screw too much with the actual Glass8 process BigMuscle, but from what I'm reading, the issue wan't your software, but the installers like AGTweaker. Best of luck on getting the final product out the door! I'll be one of the first to download it when it arrives, that's for sure!

Hmm...interesting, as it´s working for me after all the updates, i would guess it not beeing an Aero Glass problem. Installed it here without the tweaker, changes can be done easily via Registry :D.

Can't wait for the final !

When will the final published ?

Does the final support Windows 8.1?

Is It any shutdown black screen bugs?

Is the final version use another load method(not Appinit_DLLs)?

I installed Aero Glass on a Windows 8 Pro VM and it practically removes the taskbar's transparency. I'm not sure if that's because of AG or because it's a VM. If it is part of AG there any way to get AG and keep the taskbar's transparency? Will the final version have the taskbar transparency?

Edited by ptd163

To the best of my knowledge from what I have read in this thread:

1) Approx. I week

2) No

3) None identified in the version that is to be released

4) No

Cheers and Regards

Thank you.

For those of you that would rather manually change BigMuscle's aero glass via the registry and not mess with one of the
available installers or a tweaker app, I created this standalone script called "DWMGlassTool". The tool has only
2 basic options: Enable Aero or Disable Aero, and because its a standalone and non-tweaker it does not
require any installation or uninstaller, nor does it leave behind old registry changes like a tweaker app.

You can get the DWMGlassTool off of my thread @ ==>http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163503-aeroglass-v03-x64-silent-installer-for-windows-8/

[How To Use]
>> Just Download AeroGlass 32 or 64-bit from BigMuscle @http://glass8.berlios.de/
>> Create a folder called DWM in your systemdrive and place the six (6) downloaded files in.
>> Launch as admin. DWMGlassTool from your desktop.
>> Choose your option.
>> Will logoff to make registry change.

Thats it..simple and easy..DP :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

Dang! Haha, so I guess I'm not the only one the just had Windows update itself into a crazy mess

Interesting. I keep up with Windows Updates and haven't once had the Aero Glass for Win8 feature go awry.

-Noel

Dang! Haha, so I guess I'm not the only one the just had Windows update itself into a crazy mess

Interesting. I keep up with Windows Updates and haven't once had the Aero Glass for Win8 feature go awry.

-Noel

I think its basically because I used an installer (AGTweaker) instead of how I was supposed to do it through the registry files, if you didn't use an installer like AGTweaker then you shouldn't be affected from what I'm reading