Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

1 thing that all don't remember - most of people who use aeroglass tool by BM (thanx a lot to him!) uses other themes with help for example UXStyle or etc, All problems and black screens are from this. Sorry for my english.

P.S. All who have black screen - be patient - wait for 7-15 minutes and look that all normal...

Interesting.

Just try if you have same problem,,, I have 100% working recept to reboot Windows 8 without black screen (this need after update). It's need to switch to standart rtm theme, uninstall UXStyle or other theme patching software, then reboot, and you don't recieve black screen, with aeroglass utility works... This means that this utility don't a reason for black screen...

Edited by CKyHC

Hi I am having same problem to and I have an internet connection.

been getting the problem since the last windows 8 updates, it worked fine before them so cant be internet or web access or firewall problem.

get this error message and running out of ideas

dwm.png

Regards

abun880007

I had the same problem. Here's how to fix it:

Don't use the AGTweaker to load the DLL. Disable DWMGlass with the tweaker, reboot, go delete C:\Windows\DWMGlass.dll and C:\Windows\DWMGlass.png and use the "LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg" file from the 0.94RC3 archive (edit and fix the path, mine's ""AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll"") to load it.

Mine:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll""RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]CustomThemeResource"="C:\\AeroGlass\\CustomDefault.png" 

After I did that and rebooted, I got the command prompt that downloaded the symbols, and it worked.

On a side note, AGTweaker seems broken for the 0.95RC4 release. It doesn't start the transparency when pressing apply. I guess I'll start using the custom resources with the registry tweak.

Well we are getting into the weeds again, and My AGTweaker that I am using works perfect but if your reg files are not there ,Your colorization is set improperly and or your settings are pointing to a incorrect location of you DWMGlass.dll then you are Going to have problems and errors..

I wonder what's wrong with my AGTweaker then.. Because the transparency disappears when I apply.

Also, DosProbie, your quoteblock is misformed

Edited by Tarzikaf

I wonder what's wrong with my AGTweaker then.. Because the transparency disappears when I apply.

Also, DosProbie, your quoteblock is misformed

Well you must have other issues going on or else Everyone would be complaining about AGTweaker.. BTW which tweaker version are you using?

Sitting here reading the last few entries in this thread on a Windows 8.1 VM... Wow, the bog standard Windows 8 desktop rendition stinks!

Aero Glass for Win8 sure gets under your skin quickly. It's difficult not to seriously crave it when on a system that doesn't have it.

-Noel

Could you be kind enough to point me to that 1.3.3 version? I can't find it on the official thread...

Then post the question in the AGT's official thread, or just request it from DP via pm instead of discussing here.

Seriously, a whole new 40 posts and all we've heard about the developer was how off-topic this thread has become. I doubt the final version will come out on time at this pace.

Could you be kind enough to point me to that 1.3.3 version? I can't find it on the official thread...

You can find it on my thread included with my updated cmd installer http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163503-aeroglass-v03-x64-silent-installer-for-windows-8/

I included a system restore point with my installer but If you have any problems or questions just post them over there..DP :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

Download This Glass AIO : http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163498-bigmuscles-aero-glass-aio-installer-by-mr-grim/

And for those whose glass effect is broken after new update just unistall older dwm version.

1.download latest version

2.copy files from new to ag tweaker folder

3.enable aero glass

Note:delete swatches.reg of older dwm and swatches_hkcu.reg to swatches.reg

Edited by pushkar

Win8.1 uses Direct2D for desktop rendering. Win8 uses Direct2D for Start screen and Direct3D 10.1 for desktop.

Btw, I was trying to fix the last WinUpdate issue - to be 100% compatible without the need to download symbols (to work on non-internet systems) but I am currently unsuccessful to ensure backward compatibility too. Now I will be away for a week and then will release the current state of post-RC4 as final. Then I will target on Win8.1.