Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Alright I just updated my computer with the Windows Updates and restarted my computer and Aero Glass no longer works. I've already tried reinstalling it but nothing happens. Is anybody else having this issue?

Yea, same problem here. My windows auto-updated, and your AeroGlass says it isn't compatible with my system anymore.

Do you want me to upload anything for you to check?

Both of you, make sure there is internet connectivity when you log-in, RC4 will automatically download debug symbols for the appropriate files and the Aero Glass should start eventually.

@MrGRiM

I tried your new installer and i have a problem that the colours in the colorization menu don't match..

For example when i choose the yellow my windows turn green.

Green is light blue etc.

It happened with the previous version too!When using AGTweaker to change them all works good but with the installer of @DosProbie i didn't have the same problem.

If this is a problem and i should change colours from AGTweaker only..

@Yes bigmuscle you have a point...

I don't know how to remove this so i just edit it to say i apologize :)

I have started a new thread here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163498-bigmuscles-aero-glass-aio-installer-by-mr-grim/ for you to post any problems you may have with the installer.

Alright I just updated my computer with the Windows Updates and restarted my computer and Aero Glass no longer works. I've already tried reinstalling it but nothing happens. Is anybody else having this issue?

Yea, same problem here. My windows auto-updated, and your AeroGlass says it isn't compatible with my system anymore.

Both of you, make sure there is internet connectivity when you log-in, RC4 will automatically download debug symbols for the appropriate files and the Aero Glass should start eventually.

Ahh, thank you. I used LAN to make sure I have internet connectivity on startup, and everything is working again. I was dumb ^^

Oh good, I thought it was just my computer.

Oh good, I thought it was just my computer.

Hi I am having same problem to and I have an internet connection.

been getting the problem since the last windows 8 updates, it worked fine before them so cant be internet or web access or firewall problem.

get this error message and running out of ideas

dwm.png

Regards

abun880007

All of yours who tell that windows was updates and aero glass didn't work lies. My system is Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64 activated with key, and all updates installed - this utility works perfectly. Install original versions of Windows 8, not repacks etc...

Hi I am having same problem to and I have an internet connection.

been getting the problem since the last windows 8 updates, it worked fine before them so cant be internet or web access or firewall problem.

get this error message and running out of ideas

dwm.png

Regards

abun880007

I had the same problem. Here's how to fix it:

Don't use the AGTweaker to load the DLL. Disable DWMGlass with the tweaker, reboot, go delete C:\Windows\DWMGlass.dll and C:\Windows\DWMGlass.png and use the "LoadGlass__AppInit_DLLs.reg" file from the 0.94RC3 archive (edit and fix the path, mine's ""AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll"") to load it.

Mine:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll""RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]CustomThemeResource"="C:\\AeroGlass\\CustomDefault.png" 

After I did that and rebooted, I got the command prompt that downloaded the symbols, and it worked.

On a side note, AGTweaker seems broken for the 0.95RC4 release. It doesn't start the transparency when pressing apply. I guess I'll start using the custom resources with the registry tweak.

Edited by Tarzikaf

All of yours who tell that windows was updates and aero glass didn't work lies. My system is Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64 activated with key, and all updates installed - this utility works perfectly. Install original versions of Windows 8, not repacks etc...

I actually reset to factory install, and it still wasn't working, it has been confirmed already that there is a problem.

I actually reset to factory install, and it still wasn't working, it has been confirmed already that there is a problem.

Okay, let's review all this:

• it won't work on systems with SecureBoot enabled
  • Don't use AGTweaker (see my post above)
  • I'd recommend disabling Hybrid sleep, or sleep at all. (it gives me the unfixable "black screen" when I use sleep and aero glass)
  • Sometimes, it breaks. Please provide logs if it does.

1 thing that all don't remember - most of people who use aeroglass tool by BM (thanx a lot to him!) uses other themes with help for example UXStyle or etc, All problems and black screens are from this. Sorry for my english.

P.S. All who have black screen - be patient - wait for 7-15 minutes and look that all normal...

Edited by CKyHC

1 thing that all don't remember - most of people who use aeroglass tool by BM (thanx a lot to him!) uses other themes with help for example UXStyle or etc, All problems and black screens are from this. Sorry for my english.

P.S. All who have black screen - be patient - wait for 7-15 minutes and look that all normal...

Interesting.