Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

This is why I discouraged from using any custom tweaker/installer because they modify registry values which you don't have control on. Then it may result in random errors because the values may be invalid and you don't know about them at all.

You are correct BigMuscle, Almost all tweakers modify some registry value/s, Thats why I have now added the default registry values back in my undated Clean-up uninstaller..DP

Out of curiosity, what do you and the others hope to gain by providing your installers? Are you trying to be a hero with non-technical users or something?

Why not just let BigMuscle finish his installer instead of distracting him with yours?

Did it ever occur to you that people who don't know how to edit their registries directly or add values from the .reg files BigMuscle provides - who may not understand the risks of running this kind of beta software - really have no business running Aero Glass for Win8?

-Noel

Out of curiosity, what do you and the others hope to gain by providing your installers? Are you trying to be a hero with non-technical users or something?

Why not just let BigMuscle finish his installer instead of distracting him with yours?

Did it ever occur to you that people who don't know how to edit their registries directly or add values from the .reg files BigMuscle provides - who may not understand the risks of running this kind of beta software - really have no business running Aero Glass for Win8?

-Noel

Yep pretty much what you said on the first line, just wanted to make an easy way for anyone to install this to get the largest test ordinance, it's just like everyone who installed the 8.1 preview that is meant to be for IT professionals only, I am sure that 99% of the people using it are not, but at the end of the day, surely it's better to have as many people testing the RC so Big Muscle knows for sure the final version will have no major problems, just because the "non-technical" users cant understand how to add a few registry setting or understand how it works, doesn't mean they cant still provide important and constructive feedback.

Edited by MrGRiM

-Noel

Yep pretty much what you said on the first line, just wanted to make an easy way for anyone to install this to get the largest test ordinance, it's just like everyone who installed the 8.1 preview that is meant to be for IT professionals only, I am sure that 99% of the people using it are not, but at the end of the day, surely it's better to have as many people testing the RC so Big Muscle knows for sure the final version will have no major problems, just because the "non-technical" users cant understand how to add a few registry setting or understand how it works, doesn't mean they cant still provide important and constructive feedback.

The people who try Windows 8.1, although they may not be IT professionals, do have the basic competencies required to install and reinstall an operating system. Also, the average naive user has no idea what an operating system is to begin with so that in itself helps to filter out that type of user. However, even naive users know how to install software (double-click, then next -> next -> next). The UI provided by a third party for the Aero Glass application has already done a lot of harm because it installs in a certain way and this thread was burdened by requests for support for what users thought was an issue with Aero Glass but which was in fact a problem caused by the UI and bigmuscles' time was squandered unnecessarily trying to troubleshoot and support users who were using this UI.

I hope you have thoroughly tested your installer because if it ends up causing more issues, users are going to flock to this thread thinking it's an Aero Glass issue when it might actually be the installer's issue and bigmuscle may end up spending time trying to solve issues caused by it before discovering that the issue was caused by the installer. Your efforts are appreciated by many, I'm sure, but let's avoid giving bigmuscle extra work to do.

When using the 'Show Taskbars on all monitors' button in windows, the 'other' taskbars dont have blur (only the 'main' taskbar). Also cant wait and keep up the good work :)

When using the 'Show Taskbars on all monitors' button in windows, the 'other' taskbars dont have blur (only the 'main' taskbar). Also cant wait and keep up the good work :)

Which version are you using because I get blur on all of my taskbars when in a multi-monitor setup..?

If you're using Start8 or something like that, you have to "disable translucency" in order to have the same blur on all taskbars. I had a similar issue in Start8 where the main taskbar would not have blur but the other would. Disabling translucency made it look right on both taskbars.

If you're using Start8 or something like that, you have to "disable translucency" in order to have the same blur on all taskbars. I had a similar issue in Start8 where the main taskbar would not have blur but the other would. Disabling translucency made it look right on both taskbars.

Yea thanks that worked :P

I wonder if anyone has the same issue as I do. I've been using RC4 for quite a while. Everything is working smoothly, unless OCCASIONALLY, licenses of all Metro apps (downloaded from the store) will lost. After disabling Glass8, such issue won't happen again. It's a minor issue since I can just sync back licenses from the store, but just curious to know whether my case is specific or not?

post-379441-0-41529700-1373983689_thumb.

Edited by XSStudio

Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer

Update 17/07/2013:

Change Log

1. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to bypass Theme sinature. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

2. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to enable Shader target optimization. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

3. Fixed uninstall for Custom Color Swatches, now deletes the Control Panel Key for Custom Color Swatches and not just the Swatches values. (Removing just the Swatches Values and not removing the keys left Window Color and Appearance options blank)

4. Removed install option for Public Symbol downloading from MS Servers (Is now enabled by default and can not be disabled)

5. Added new safety option to revert to Default Aero theme during uninstall to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.

6. Installer now requires a log off after install instead of just restarting explorer.exe and DWM to ensure the glass effect is rendered correctly and Public symbols are downloaded if needed.

Please unistall the previouis version before updating.

Download the Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer from Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwb5k2tj9xp42rv/Aero_Glass_RC4_v0.95.exe

Edited by MrGRiM

Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer

Update 17/07/2013:

Change Log

1. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to bypass Theme sinature. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

2. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to enable Shader target optimization. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

3. Fixed uninstall for Custom Color Swatches, now deletes the Control Panel Key for Custom Color Swatches and not just the Swatches values. (Removing just the Swatches Values and not removing the keys left Window Color and Appearance options blank)

4. Removed install option for Public Symbol downloading from MS Servers (Is now enabled by default and can not be disabled)

5. Added new safety option to revert to Default Aero theme during uninstall to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.

6. Installer now requires a log off after install instead of just restarting explorer.exe and DWM to ensure the glass effect is rendered correctly and Public symbols are downloaded if needed.

Please unistall the previouis version before updating.

Download the Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer from Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwb5k2tj9xp42rv/Aero_Glass_RC4_v0.95.exe

Good job GriM!, I was just reworking my Cmd silent installer to post later but you beat me to the punch.. DP :yes:

@MrGRiM

I tried your new installer and i have a problem that the colours in the colorization menu don't match..

For example when i choose the yellow my windows turn green.

Green is light blue etc.

It happened with the previous version too!When using AGTweaker to change them all works good but with the installer of @DosProbie i didn't have the same problem.

If this is a problem and i should change colours from AGTweaker only..

@Yes bigmuscle you have a point...

I don't know how to remove this so i just edit it to say i apologize :)

Edited by zampONakiaskiou