Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

Btw, I played a bit, it's a glitchy as hell but:

win81_glass.jpg

However, the testing versions will be available on invitation only.

i have an error when i import the key swatches.reg

show me the way to import this reg

You should modify the permission [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Glass Colorization] before you import this registry file.

It's not recommend to import this file because it's in experiment.I tried to import the file and then I can't access Colors Control Panel.

If you want to import this file,I recommend you to back up [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Glass Colorization] first.

NoelC: I didn't check more but it looks that Win8.1 windows still have a small shadow thus it should not be the problem to increase its intensity via theme resource.

win81_glass.jpg

I want this version ! No aero glass,no uxtheme patch,annoying Windows 8.1...

win81_glass.jpg

May I have an invitation, please.

please focus on the Win8 RTM version and release the final before creating the 8.1 version.

:angel

Yeah, it's almost ready, just need to create installer etc. I did some last changes (mostly fixed bugs reported here and finished symbols downloading to be WinUpdates-proof) and do not intend to modify it more, I'm just not sure whether to risk it and release it directly as it is now or give one more RC to test.

please focus on the Win8 RTM version and release the final before creating the 8.1 version.

Yeah, it's almost ready, just need to create installer etc. I did some last changes (mostly fixed bugs reported here and finished symbols downloading to be WinUpdates-proof) and do not intend to modify it more, I'm just not sure whether to risk it and release it directly as it is now or give one more RC to test.

Depends. Are there any serious bugs? Like really serious bugs(black screens etc.) Is that Save theme dialog gone? Then I'd say yes. Any other minor bugs aren't important for now and can be always fixed later. I don't remember any game/software that stayed at 1.0 and was perfect.

Edited by Blackbird256

By the way, ClassicShell 4.0 is going to recognize the Aero Glass for Win8 product and offer the ability to have "glassy" menus. I'm beta testing that version now, and it works:

InitialSearchResults.png

BigMuscle, if you see fit to include me in your Windows 8.1 testing, I'll be happy to contribute.

-Noel

win81_glass.jpg

I'm impressed, that was very quick work (buggy or not) :). Nice job.

do whatever feels right - for me i would be happy with a final as i have had no problem from about 0.3 - it will never be finished i guess as things change or ideas are added but they can always be in updates

apart from the popup its been great for a long time

I think you should release it as version 1.0, and if any issues arise you can release an updated version.

Edited by NedYar1