Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I'm getting this a couple times a day:

Have you loaded an alternate theme? I haven't, and am not seeing that message.

If you look back in the thread just a bit you'll see that BigMuscle has advised to avoid doing so, as it's not a mature feature.

-Noel

Have you loaded an alternate theme? I haven't, and am not seeing that message.

If you look back in the thread just a bit you'll see that BigMuscle has advised to avoid doing so, as it's not a mature feature.

-Noel

I am using the Release Preview theme. Screenshot of the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y44ye887lqzptnj/Aero%20Glass%20Snip19.PNG It should work correctly since the theme is official and signed by Microsoft.

Edited by WindowsOS

There is an alternative WindowBlinds 8

One's free, the other isn't. And just for the blur effect isn't worth the price.

WindowBlinds doesn't even support blur anyway, it's not AeroGlass. All it does is make the frame completely transparent.

I am using the Release Preview theme. Screenshot of the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y44ye887lqzptnj/Aero%20Glass%20Snip19.PNG It should work correctly since the theme is official and signed by Microsoft.

I too had that error when using RP theme.

Here's the debug log, with custom themes.

Intel HD 3000 -> w/ Shader Render Optimization enabled.

nVidia 9500GT -> w/ Shader Render Optimization disabled.

Yes, I have tried it and I must admit that I don't like it. It has a bit weird frame edges which looks like the shadow is a bit offset resulting in a small gap. ORelio looks better but it looks much "Sevenish" to me and the window frames style does not match the taskbar style. Also the thing that caption glow effect for shell windows is stored in different image resource makes me think about a bit different approach - to hook uxtheme functions to allow using unsigned msstyle themes and provide complete theme.

Thanks for the feedback. I just fixed that "offset shadow" thing, and now it looks cleaner. I wonder if you'd be willing to take a moment to try it again...

Same link, updated file.

http://Noel.ProDigit...ernateTheme.png

Nothing is set in stone, and I'm willing to tweak it until you like it.

Here's what it looks like now...

LatestTheme1.png

-Noel

Can somene explain me how can I create the VS on the screenshot with the first picture in this post? Or better, give me a download link for the VS?

Thank you in advance! :)

Can somene explain me how can I create the VS on the screenshot with the first picture in this post? Or better, give me a download link for the VS?

Thank you in advance! :)

Make a new String Value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM , named, CustomThemeResource containing the path to the custom theme resource file and restart (or change between themes).

dwm-customtheme.jpg.

Edited by Rayn19

I'm getting this a couple times a day:

i4jqeQx.png

I'm not even sure where this message box comes from. When does it appear? Only when changing theme, or randomly during a day?

Its difficult to say when that appears, I just now tried back RP theme and for about a hour I didn't have any error, and then the error appeared. It only happens with RP theme or maybe Microsoft signed themes (can't confirm yet). One thing I noticed was that, the synchronization service starts to use half of my CPU and it only goes down, after some time, when I change the theme to any other custom theme.