Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Is their definition of "aero glass" simply transparency, or does the screenshot simply not show the blur? The transparency without blur is lame. Certainly better than the default theme, but meh... Why waste time with it.

From all posts I found (e.g. WB developer saying that themes transparency must be adjusted to look good without blur), it seems that it supports pure transparency only. But if anyone wants to have solution without messagebox he can switch to it ... for $50.

Btw, is there any moderator whom I could ask to start deleting all posts relating to the popup message?

Is their definition of "aero glass" simply transparency, or does the screenshot simply not show the blur? The transparency without blur is lame. Certainly better than the default theme, but meh... Why waste time with it.

From all posts I found (e.g. WB developer saying that themes transparency must be adjusted to look good without blur), it seems that it supports pure transparency only. But if anyone wants to have solution without messagebox he can switch to it ... for $50.

Btw, is there any moderator whom I could ask to start deleting all posts relating to the popup message?

I won't pay $50 for that, your Aero Glass will work with the future versions of Windows 8?

anyone wants to have solution without messagebox he can switch to it ... for $50.

are we finally getting to the point

Edited by adacom

anyone wants to have solution without messagebox he can switch to it ... for $50.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to windows blinds for those who can't wait. But if people keep acting like this, he might as well charge so much.

I'm pretty sure he is referring to windows blinds for those who can't wait. But if people keep acting like this, he might as well charge so much.

maybe - maybe i missed his point - in which case apologies

Might be a better idea to close this thread and start a fresh one rather then trying to remove all the useless posts, I check this thread daily to find out if there are any updates or testing I can do but it seems most of the time I am just reading the same thing over and over from all these guys asking the same stupid question.

Might be a better idea to close this thread and start a fresh one rather then trying to remove all the useless posts, I check this thread daily to find out if there are any updates or testing I can do but it seems most of the time I am just reading the same thing over and over from all these guys asking the same stupid question.

Thanks? ._.

Yes, Like a hidden forum topic that only special members can see, in this case TESTERS.

BTW, here's my debug log from my two systems, been running RC2 for about 4days or so, regular usage.

Intel HD 3000 | nVidia 9500GT(Tested with Games, no lags or performance issues)

oh my....

i think the message box is exactly dosen't appear when there are some application run in fullscreen mode, it's happened to me when i use the RC2 version :)

So it's not annoying message box for me.

Sorry for my bad english, again..... ._.v

Hi, this is my first post here ,sorry for my bad english.

Here is my debug log Debug log My video is Nvidia GeForce GT 630

only version Beta2 runing bad for DirectX version everything else is Ok .

83248b5d4d2d5725.jpg a23fe803af1fe486.jpg

Edited by jofkata

OK on a different note and hopefully something Useful .. I Was looking for a Easy way to toggle DWM Aero Glass On and Off quickly so I wrote this little batch file, just run it from your desktop when you need a quick way to disable aero (like playing games, for all the whinners with the popups etc.) and when done you can just rerun to turn aero back on again, It Works off *DWM directory in C drive but you can always revise the path as needed..

Enjoy DPyes.gifToggle Aero

*Requires DimasKid's Aero Glass installer @ http://j.gs/706437/aeroglasswin8

Edited by DosProbie

In a way, the database are the forums. So, when it goes bad, beyond repair, all that can be done is to fall back to an earlier back-up. Whoever (me included) posted during the high instability period we've been trhough, did so at his/her own risk, knowing the database was unstable (so the posts might disappear in the ether). I think we're stable again, but some more days of stability are needed before we can be sure. AFAICS, most posts from the last four days were lost, I'm sorry. Older content is OK.