Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I think this is beyond the scope of this application and I admit that I don't know how to achieve this. If I kill DWM, it is restarted immediately. If I force it not to be restarted (or frozen immediately after startup), the screen won't be drawn at all.

Actually, I was able to kill DWM by using PsSuspend to suspend WinLogin.exe (which suspending prevents DWM to restart) and then killing it. I highly recommend using Windows 7's explorer since the start screen (which uses DWM to animate) covers the Primary Monitor in Windows 8's Explorer when you kill DWM. Here is the Bat file code:

To Kill:

@echo off
echo DWM KillCode for Windows 8. FOR TESTING PORPOSES ONLY!
pause
pssuspend.exe winlogon.exe
taskkill /IM dwm.exe /F

To Resurrect:

@echo off
pause
pssuspend.exe -r winlogon.exe
dwm.exe

Source Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUkGDcNgm2Y

How did you get the W7 Basic theme in W8? D:

ON:

How can i use this? ...

Cya~

I think this is beyond the scope of this application and I admit that I don't know how to achieve this. If I kill DWM, it is restarted immediately. If I force it not to be restarted (or frozen immediately after startup), the screen won't be drawn at all.

Actually, I was able to kill DWM by using PsSuspend to suspend WinLogin.exe (which suspending prevents DWM to restart) and then killing it. I highly recommend using Windows 7's explorer since the start screen (which uses DWM to animate) covers the Primary Monitor in Windows 8's Explorer when you kill DWM. Here is the Bat file code:

To Kill:

@echo off
echo DWM KillCode for Windows 8. FOR TESTING PORPOSES ONLY!
pause
pssuspend.exe winlogon.exe
taskkill /IM dwm.exe /F

To Resurrect:

@echo off
pause
pssuspend.exe -r winlogon.exe
dwm.exe

Source Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUkGDcNgm2Y

ON:

How can i use this? ...

Cya~

I'm having a problem with the opacity option, its not doing anything. I tried every setting like native blur and using different DX versions but nothing seems to work. Blur works, but not opacity. No matter where a slide the slider it dosent work. If I'm correct the more opacity the more transparent the windows are, and the less opacity the more solid they are. This isn't the case and I just get the same results in transparency everytime no matter how much blur I use or what settings I change. If someone could help I'd be really happy.

ON:

How can i use this? ...

Cya~

For compatibility reasons, the Windows 7 Basic theme still exists in all of the default Windows 8 themes, including the Release Preview and Basic theme. You can see the W7 Basic theme (With Aero opening animation) when you run a program in Windows XP Compatibility mode. To use it, all you need to do is to copy pssuspend.exe to the System32 folder and run the batch file script as a Administrator. Remember to use the Win7 Explorer located here: I think this might work with Win8 Explorer if someone can find a way to get out of the Start Screen after DWM is killed.

Nice trick, WindowsOS!

Thanks, but I cannot take all the credit. therealcartoonmonkey on YouTube made the video, and possibly the trick. I just perfected it.

post-373381-0-70896700-1369503372_thumb.

Edited by WindowsOS

ON:

How can i use this? ...

Cya~

For compatibility reasons, the Windows 7 Basic theme still exists in all of the default Windows 8 themes, including the Release Preview and Basic theme. You can see the W7 Basic theme (With Aero opening animation) when you run a program in Windows XP Compatibility mode. To use it, all you need to do is to copy pssuspend.exe to the System32 folder and run the batch file script as a Administrator. Remember to use the Win7 Explorer located here: I think this might work with Win8 Explorer if someone can find a way to get out of the Start Screen after DWM is killed

I can't find that file in System32 u.u.. it seems that doesn't exist in Windows 8 Build 9200..

Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC1 (Updated Package)

+ Added Windows Aero Release Preview Themes

+ Added Manual Script Installation

+ Added AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)

+ Added AGTwekaer Custom Resource Themes File

+ Added AGTweaker Shortcut to Start Menu

+ Added What's New text file

Download Here

NB :

Uninstall the old version first, and use at your own risk.

This is beta version, for testing only :yes:

Good Job Kid!.. and you can just right click it now and pin to start menu for quick access..DP yes.gif

Off topic but whats the deal with Chrome and all the Data base errors when trying to post? Dont see to have a issue when posting off of IE tho..

Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC1 (Updated Package)

+ Added Windows Aero Release Preview Themes

+ Added Manual Script Installation

+ Added AGTweaker (ORelio) (Mod Tusticles)

+ Added AGTwekaer Custom Resource Themes File

+ Added AGTweaker Shortcut to Start Menu

+ Added What's New text file

Download Here

NB :

Uninstall the old version first, and use at your own risk.

This is beta version, for testing only :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

This looks absolutely amazing! You DID IT!!! Excellent work!

I've been using this since version DWM v0.3 from your other topic, it is AMAZING how far you got and how you evolved in this program!

I wonder if it's ever going to be possible for you to add the white glow below the title of the window, is this ever possible? Is there a theme, to do this?

Thanks for your hard work! If it weren't for you, we would never be able to use AeroGlass on Windows 8!!

THANKS A LOT!

you can use windows 8 release preview themes in the personalize menu from the installer version to get white blur under the title.

Then go to the aero glass tweaker then load custom resource themes and select AeroRP.png under the resources folder. Then apply it.

If it weren't for you, we would never be able to use AeroGlass on Windows 8!!

BigMuscle should be proud - being the only person in the world to be able to accomplish what every other person wants is no small feat!

-Noel

you can use windows 8 release preview themes in the personalize menu from the installer version to get white blur under the title.

Then go to the aero glass tweaker then load custom resource themes and select AeroRP.png under the resources folder. Then apply it.

Thanks!

I've been following this thread since it started. Finally could wait no longer to install and try it. I'm happy to report that it works here without flaw.

(Although initially, I didn't know what to do. It installed, I waited, but nothing happened. Then I saw the .reg file supplied, so I executed it, got an error message that it could only make some of the registry changes, not all of them, due to something about permissions.)

Anyway, a few seconds later, I got the "Use at your own risk" dialog, and then it started working. I used Win8's Personalize | Color settings to tweak it a bit, and -- voila! -- Windows 8 looks beautiful. I have run most of my programs, lots of windows open and around on screen, and I haven't been able to break it.

Some say Win7 is what Vista should have been. I say Win8 with Aero Glass, Startisback, and TinyWindowsBorders is what Win7 should have been. :) Thank you, bigmuscle!