Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I already wrote it, but it is totally impossible to get transparency without blur. Why? Because there is no such code. Such code was there but it was in some old beta version (which really was incorrectly executed on some video adapters) . Thus if you get transparency without blur than you have this utility incorrectly installed.

I already wrote it, but it is totally impossible to get transparency without blur. Why? Because there is no such code. Such code was there but it was in some old beta version (which really was incorrectly executed on some video adapters) . Thus if you get transparency without blur than you have this utility incorrectly installed.

Do you plan to have a "check box" like in windows 7 to enable and disable aero?

Not in 1.0. Actually... if you want glass or not, you simply run and stop this application. Any need for a settings? I want to do it more clever, such as disabling glass when on battery etc.

This is an awesome project and I love using it. I'm looking forward to the final and I wanted to mention one thing...

I have noticed that sometimes, the taskbar will go completely transparent with no blur and to get it back, I just use AGTweaker to disable/enable glass and its got blur again, but after a while it'll go back to being completely transparent. Perhaps something to look into?

Besides the Demo message every once in a while, it certainly makes Windows 8 all the better. I'd be glad to pay for this if it was a paid product.

Keep it up, man.

Here is the installer version for Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC1 By Big Muscle

http://cl.ly/P2Pd

- Fix Uninstalling Method

- Now Installed in "System Drive\DWM" folder, due to debug.log & crash.log file write permission

Note :

If you are using the Aero Glass for Windows 8 RC0 installer, make sure you uninstall it from add & remove program and the reboot.

don't forget to delete the DWMGlass.dll in your system directory.

And still use it with your own risk :yes:

I can't get this to work strangely, I'm using Windows8 64 bit. Nothing changed at all.

EDIT: oh nvm I have uefi secure boot on.

EDIT2: Looks great! Big thanks to TC.

Yeah there are some registry writing problem for 64-bit isntaller (sorry for that one), use the standard version to make it works :)

If it was incorrectly installed, then wouldn't it not work at all? It's not a big matter anyway, the 8k series' DX10 support was pretty slow and we're better off using DX9 instead. And your utility works fine as it does now.

You need to read over this thread, this has been discussed many times..

Hello!

I Have a problem...

How to remove popup window :

"This Is Demo version of Aero Glass for Win8 v0.92

!!! USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!" ?

post-378303-0-95599800-1369245816_thumb.

You need to read over this thread, this has been discussed many times..

Hello!

I Have a problem...

91 pages....

it's very much....

can you help me please?

Hello!

I Have a problem...

You cannot remove the popup window. It will be removed when the project is officially released as, I assume, v1.0 or greater. In the meantime, as the popup window explains, this project is meant for testing purposes ONLY, not for continuous regular use. Try it out and report any issues that you have in detail, except for complaints about the popup window of course.

EDIT: @bigmuscle, I know this has been mentioned before, but for the benefit of brand new users members here who only read the OP then DL the app, it would probably help head posts like this off to post this kind of info in bold, underlined text, preferably flashing if possible LOL, in the OP. I thought the info was already there, and it is implied, but it could be made clearer. Just my opinion.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

You cannot remove the popup window. It will be removed when the project is officially released as, I assume, v1.0 or greater. In the meantime, as the popup window explains, this project is meant for testing purposes ONLY, not for continuous regular use. Try it out and report any issues that you have in detail, except for complaints about the popup window of course.

Cheers and Regards

Ok thanks!

hey bigmuscle ,will you remove popup window in the next version? :rolleyes: I want it can work all the time even I play the game or watch movie!

Wow, if I had time would like to count how many posts there are asking for the popup to be removed. I'm not even going to tell you. Go to page 90, 89, 88, or whatever your favorite number is and read Bigmuscle's explanation, either directly from him or echoed by other members.

Bigmuscle, it would benefit you and us to include another message in the popup box in future versions:

"This popup WILL NOT be removed until the 1.0 release of this software. DO NOT talk about this on the main thread of this utility. If you don't like this popup, then uninstall this and wait until the final release. It will happen soon enough."