Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

ah, so when callBlurShapes is set to 0x1, then it works always regardless HookFlag (even when this setting does not exist) ?

Yes. With callBlurShapes = 1, Everything works with all flags enable(0x0f), or HookFlag not extist at all.

ah, so when callBlurShapes is set to 0x1, then it works always regardless HookFlag (even when this setting does not exist) ?

Yes, with the dll's released after RC0 + callBlurShapes set to 0x1. I already told you that. But I had to restart explorer to apply blur to starmenu and taskbar :P

--edit--

Opacity setting is affected by callBlurShapes? Because I tried to change the opacity but nothing changes. or this setting was removed in RC0?

Edited by Tusticles

Excelent, at least I know it won't be some magic and know exactly which code to check :-)

By opacity setting you mean the Intensity slider in Windows Colors control panel? There is no reason why it should not work, unless there is another bug - I just tested it and it works.

Excelent, at least I know it won't be some magic and know exactly which code to check :-)

By opacity setting you mean the Intensity slider in Windows Colors control panel? There is no reason why it should not work, unless there is another bug - I just tested it and it works.

I;m talking about the registry setting, GlassTransparency.

No, there is no such settings. If you want registry settings to control opacity then it is Windows native settings ColorizationBlurBalance.

BTW, could anyone help how to properly log Direct3D errors? The problem seem to be some error during Draw so I need to detect what's wrong. I know that e.g. DebugView displays some errors but its window is not visible on error in DWM.

Edited by bigmuscle

No, there is no such settings. If you want registry settings to control opacity then it is Windows native settings ColorizationBlurBalance.

What values? from 0 to? Tried 0 but no changes.

It's percentage, so 0 - 100 is valid range, but it will take also a bit of ColorizationAfterglowBalance.

When changing Color intensity in personalize menu these registry values are changed.

ColorizationAfterglow

ColorizationAfterglowBalance

ColorizationBlurBalance

ColorizationColor

Edited by Tusticles

I have been away a few days so I did not test right away.

RC0 - gives black screen just as reported, as did subsequent debug versions. The version labelled "debug_with_dump.7z" initally loaded DWM in a way that seemed normal, but interacting with the taskbar caused the black screen - the screen that went black was the screen that the taskbar was interacted with, while the other screen did not change graphically but mouse inputs were ignored. Was possible to use F11.

In the latest version that generates a minidump, callBlurShapes=0x1 seems to allow things to work again, and so far I do not see the presence of artifacts, and it is currently performing well. I reloaded DWM so I think I might have to restart explorer for the taskbar to colourise properly. I will keep running and report any additional problems later.

I can provide the logs but are they still needed? You have had a few people provide logs so far and the callBlurShapes "fix" seems to currently sorted some issues out. SO if the minidump is not needed, I can still provide the other logs. Since the minidump is over 100mb, it will take a long time for me to upload. I will do so if it is still needed.

Edit: Just to mention (again) that I use an nVidia card (GTX570) and the driver version is 320.00.

Edit: Here are the links to the other logs and the minidump once it finshed uploading.

Crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa7o69jr5no4s7t/crash%2012-May-2013.log

Debug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd5smji2rghi824/debug%2012-May-2013.log

Threads: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jw2eq1klukd2wy/threads%2012-May-2013.log

Minidump: -No longer needed :D-

Edited by drakenabarion

I have been away a few days so I did not test right away.

RC0 - gives black screen just as reported, as did subsequent debug versions. The version labelled "debug_with_dump.7z" initally loaded DWM in a way that seemed normal, but interacting with the taskbar caused the black screen - the screen that went black was the screen that the taskbar was interacted with, while the other screen did not change graphically but mouse inputs were ignored. Was possible to use F11.

In the latest version that generates a minidump, callBlurShapes=0x1 seems to allow things to work again, and so far I do not see the presence of artifacts, and it is currently performing well. I reloaded DWM so I think I might have to restart explorer for the taskbar to colourise properly. I will keep running and report any additional problems later.

I can provide the logs but are they still needed? You have had a few people provide logs so far and the callBlurShapes "fix" seems to currently sorted some issues out. SO if the minidump is not needed, I can still provide the other lots. Since the minidump is over 100mb, it will take a long time for me to upload. I will do so if it is still needed.

Edit: Just to mention (again) that I use an nVidia card (GTX570) and the driver version is 320.00.

I also have a bad internet connection and I compressed the dump file to 19 mb from 120 mb :)