Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

i have a problem with 0.91(RC0). when i drag a window and it starts to enter taskbar space i get a black screen. even on autohide taskbar when it is 1 pixel when window crosses it - instant black screen. with v0.9(beta3) i don't have this problem. sorry for bad English.

Read the previous pages, lol.

Btw, bigmuscle, tried what you gave me, a thread file was created but ctrl button didn't worked so I manually restarted. I'll try again.

Edited by Tusticles

thread.log is just the one important...

However, I must admit that I don't understand it at all. Nody has a problem except of Tusticles and two guys who registered here right now. Debug logs say that everything is correct, also threads.log from lolchampion does not show that it should be stuck up somewhere in my code. So there is probably some secret magic, some special combination how to reproduce this problem. Do you have something special in your computer? Any special settings, any special theme etc... ?

thread.log is just the one important...

However, I must admit that I don't understand it at all. Nody has a problem except of Tusticles and two guys who registered here right now. Debug logs say that everything is correct, also threads.log from lolchampion does not show that it should be stuck up somewhere in my code. So there is probably some secret magic, some special combination how to reproduce this problem. Do you have something special in your computer? Any special settings, any special theme etc... ?

Tried and again tried to do what you said, applied the debug version, to get the black screen I had to move a window over the taskbar, screen turned black, pressed f11 and saw the mouse pointer flickering so I presume it started to download required files for debugging. You said dwm process will be restarted automatically after a while but the screen remained black for more than 30 minutes then I decided to restart manually....

I hope thee debug files will tell you something

dbghelp_debug.txt

dbghelp_threads.txt

It seems to be stuck in video driver. I tried a few changes, could you test it? http://leteckaposta.cz/uploaded/329367334

Also add following registry settings: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM: NoFillPath (DWORD 0x1), then restart dwm process.

Applied, black screen, pressed f11, waited a few minutes, tried ctrl, didn't worked, forced restart and returned to desktop holding ctrl key...

debug_nofillpath.txt

threads_nofillpath.txt

everything starts fine with RC0, the inactive window glitch is gone.

but when I launch Firefox, the screen went black and left with the cursor... this is tested with FF19, 20 and nightly with the same result.

what information should I provide to help analyzing this issue?

So try this: http://leteckaposta.cz/302887755

When you press F11, it will generate approx. 170 MB file minidump.dmp. Send it to me.

After you generate minidump. create registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM: NoInternalHooks (DWORD 0x1) and try what happens.

Done.

Applied, black screen, pressed f11, I waited several minutes then I did a force restart and returned to desktop holding ctrl key

Then added that key with this value 0x00000001, re-applied dwmglass, no black screen but transparency was not applied,

here is the dmp file before adding that reg value to registry http://www.mediafire.com/?7xm3delamv4a0k7

Edited by Tusticles

I tried the release candidate on my secondary Windows 8 pc, and it couldn't work more perfectly. It feels like I am using Windows 8 RP! Thank you, Bigmuscle.

It's amazing how far along this utility has gotten since the preview releases. I have been watching the conversation between you and poor unlucky Tusticles, and it's actually a bit scary. This thing must be integrated very deeply. Be sure to keep the kill-key in the final version.

Tusticles has always had problems with this related to performance. I am curious at what his computer configuration is.

So I take it once that the Tusticles problem is fixed, it goes on to version 1?

I tried the release candidate on my secondary Windows 8 pc, and it couldn't work more perfectly. It feels like I am using Windows 8 RP! Thank you, Bigmuscle.

It's amazing how far along this utility has gotten since the preview releases. I have been watching the conversation between you and poor unlucky Tusticles, and it's actually a bit scary. This thing must be integrated very deeply. Be sure to keep the kill-key in the final version.

Tusticles has always had problems with this related to performance. I am curious at what his computer configuration is.

So I take it once that the Tusticles problem is fixed, it goes on to version 1?

Wtf, you know I always had problems related to performance but you don't know what configuration I have, I posted the specs a lot of times, it wasn't me who had problems, it was dwmglass, in RC0 the performance is improved a lot but there is the problem with the black screen. Ah and btw, I'm not the only one who had/have problems, there are some guys here with the same problem and many who downloaded the application but they didn't posted any debug files...

ASUS G75VW

Processor: Intel Core i7 3610QM

Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

Memory: 12 GB DDR3 1600

Storage: 750GB 7200 SSH

Edited by Tusticles

when i read your comp conf. i realized that it maybe a nvidia driver bug. what driver version are you running. i am with latest nvidia beta drivers 320.00 on my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460 SE