Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Here is my RP theme, sorry for not reading the private messages...

There are two versions, one with modified navigation bar, this will affect Internet Explorer, but since I don't use IE I don't give a f*ck about it and one without navigation bar modification. I hex edited UIRibbon.dll to change the color of ribbon, only for 64bit users, who have x86 can share the dll and I will modify it.

Download

Link dead....can u give me anther link?

Was native blur removed in this version? It doesn't seem to have the speed or artifacts associated with the one in 0.8-0.90.

Also, wanted to point out a typo in the warning message. "ON" should be "AT" because the expression is "AT YOUR OWN RISK."

After update to RC0, i got a black screen after enter desktop after boot.

Sometime I am lucky enough to enter desktop(By holding CTRL while switch from metro to desktop), The glass in windows border are working correctly, but the blur in task bar is gone. If i drag a windows and make taskbar overlay with it, a black screen appear.

If I change device future level to 0x9300, everything is working perfectly.

debug.txt

My link

There are two versions, one with modified navigation bar, this will affect Internet Explorer, but since I don't use IE I don't give a f*ck about it and one without navigation bar modification. I hex edited UIRibbon.dll to change the color of ribbon, only for 64bit users, who have x86 can share the dll and I will modify it.

Download

Newest version still doesn't seem to be changing inactive colors, no matter which color I select the inactive frames are light blue. The transparency is also unchanging for the inactive window no matter the color intensity, which makes reading the window captions impossible if the inactive window is over a dark background...

Example: click

Because your have invalid colorization settings for inactive frames. Just post a screenshot of your registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and we will see where the problem is ;-)

Was native blur removed in this version? It doesn't seem to have the speed or artifacts associated with the one in 0.8-0.90.

Yes, there is no native blur now. Why? I said it million-times that this mode is not supposed to be used at all and that all versions are intended for testing only. So what is the purpose of your testing when you disable the code to test?

Sometime I am lucky enough to enter desktop(By holding CTRL while switch from metro to desktop), The glass in windows border are working correctly, but the blur in task bar is gone. If i drag a windows and make taskbar overlay with it, a black screen appear.

Do you have 32-bit version? If yes, then it is possible because several versions of 32-bit system DLLs contains different optimizations which can totally break everything. If this is true, please send me your shell32.dll (via PM) + there should be crashlog.txt in the same folder as you extracted dwmglass.dll. Edited by bigmuscle

Newest version still doesn't seem to be changing inactive colors, no matter which color I select the inactive frames are light blue. The transparency is also unchanging for the inactive window no matter the color intensity, which makes reading the window captions impossible if the inactive window is over a dark background...

Because your have invalid colorization settings for inactive frames. Just post a screenshot of your registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and we will see where the problem is ;-)

Here is is: click

One thing I see there is the duplicate UseNativeBlur entry (removed the one with 0x1)

What will happen if I delete the ColorizationColorInactive entry?

P.s.: I didn't import the swatches.

Edited by Soukyuu

Download

Check your PM.

Yes, there is no native blur now. Why? I said it million-times that this mode is not supposed to be used at all and that all versions are intended for testing only. So what is the purpose of your testing when you disable the code to test?

Do you have 32-bit version? If yes, then it is possible because several versions of 32-bit system DLLs contains different optimizations which can totally break everything. If this is true, please send me your shell32.dll (via PM) + there should be crashlog.txt in the same folder as you extracted dwmglass.dll.

I am using 64-bit version. After i managed to boot back into desktop, I cannot found crashlog.txt, only debug.log exist.

Edited by lolchampion

Do you have 32-bit version? If yes, then it is possible because several versions of 32-bit system DLLs contains different optimizations which can totally break everything. If this is true, please send me your shell32.dll (via PM) + there should be crashlog.txt in the same folder as you extracted dwmglass.dll.

I am using 64-bit version. After i managed to boot back into desktop, I cannot found crashlog.txt, only debug.log exist.

Applied RC0 and it worked, then deleted all files and re-applied RC0 and I have a black screen...

dwmcore.dll 6.2.9200.16433

There is something wrong with device future level, I have this setting to Auto but there is a problem with dx11 and dx11.1, with dx11 it's working but a after a while the screen turns black, dx11.1 will make the screen black instantly after applying, crash log is empty.

--edit--

Tried again, now the glass was applied with auto device feature level but taskbar and startisback have no blur so I tried to restart explorer, in the previous versions this fixed the issue but after restarting explorer, surprise, black screen, then re-applied dwmglass after a force restart , but the screen turned black again after a few minutes... This is happening with any directx, from 9 to 11. Version 0.9 is working fine, no black screen. blur is applied correctly to start menu and taskbar.

I have the same problem. At least you responded to this guy...

Edited by Tusticles

One thing I see there is the duplicate UseNativeBlur entry (removed the one with 0x1)

Of course, that's it. You have set your inactive color to RGB(99, 150, 191) which is some shade of blue. I don't even know why you have double UseNativeBlur, this has no sense.

Edited by bigmuscle

So, to anyone having problem to open desktop with 64-bit build, what is your version of shell32.dll ? Also post your debug.log (better, delete the file first and then restart your PC to have clean log)

Of course, that's it. You have set your inactive color to RGB(99, 150, 191) which is some shade of blue. I don't even know why you have double UseNativeBlur, this has no sense.

AGT might be to blame for that, I didn't edit the registry until now ^^

Is there a way to adjust the inactive frame transparency as well? I'd like to make them less transparent.

Yes in 1.3.1 I fixed that bug, but in 1.3, AGTweaker was writing to "UseNativeBlur " (with a space on the right) instead of "UseNativeBlur" (the correct registry key)

So the "UseNativeBlur " key is a leftover from 1.3 and can be safely deleted.