Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Well I guess at the end I have to pass using it at startup as my gadgets are crashing. Once they are loaded I can start Aero Glass with no problem.

If that is Gadget8 you are using, I recommend up update it.

Or switch to Rainmeter.

Hello!

I've just a little question, I had a version without the annoying popup "demo nah nah nah" but I can't remember which one :/ can you please tell me ? Thanks

Don't think there was such a version, you probably just didn't use it long enough to notice.

If it's really old, it may have been one of the early previews with a visible debug window maybe. All those are outdated now, if you can't deal with the popup just wait for release.

Edited by puntoMX

@hello2u

I think I was using v0.07 something like that but there was a "7" in the version lol and I used it for a long time and no popup before/after reboot of my comp ! Those new versions have that popup every seconds lol and the transparency worked perfectly !

Popup will be removed more than likely on the final release. The nagging to remove said popup and people cracking the application was what caused development to move behind closed doors previously. So no annoying these guys. They're doing this for free, remember? It's open source, so you can always compile it yourself without the nag dialogue if you know how to. Otherwise, just have some patience. There's much larger problems in this world than that nag dialogue. My only annoyance with it is that it shouldn't pop up when playing a game or fullscreen application, but that's not too big of a deal.

Edited by MikeRL

I am pretty sure BM works on this alone? And there is nothing you can do about these guys. I don't know why their comments aren't just ignored, because it's not like saying "Hey they'll be there regardless" will make them care.

Or switch to Rainmeter.

Well, I dont use a weather widget. I have very useful usage meters and temp monitors that are not available on Rainmeter.

It's name might be rainmeter, but it provides much more than a weather widget. Looks like you didn't look into it enough. It supports all sorts of usage/temp/net/playback info an is much easier if you want to script stuff yourself. Otherwise getting a skin you like is not different from installing a gadget...

It's name might be rainmeter, but it provides much more than a weather widget. Looks like you didn't look into it enough. It supports all sorts of usage/temp/net/playback info an is much easier if you want to script stuff yourself. Otherwise getting a skin you like is not different from installing a gadget...

Thats one option, or, I can have my widgets that I have already which provide clean neat real-time graphs and stats.

Well, this isnt really the right place to discuss the best or worst details of Rainmeter. Still, if people are using Gadget8, there are older versions that crashed whenever DWM did something new (Such as AeroGlass :) ), and newer versions do not crash like this.

Or switch to Rainmeter.

Well, I dont use a weather widget. I have very useful usage meters and temp monitors that are not available on Rainmeter.

What sorts of monitors? I could use some more. :U

@hello2u

I think I was using v0.07 something like that but there was a "7" in the version lol and I used it for a long time and no popup before/after reboot of my comp ! Those new versions have that popup every seconds lol and the transparency worked perfectly !

.7 had popups, maybe slight less frequency but I can't tell.

If there was a .07 it was one of the ooold ones I was referring to, won't do you much good.

0.7 is the best version as of yet. I am using it myself, but you were lucky to not have any popups. Maybe something else was interfering with it.

Fine except it lacked support for multiple monitors, I suppose.

Doubt anything was interfering, probably the person didn't notice them or got a cracked version somehow.

Popup will be removed more than likely on the final release. The nagging to remove said popup and people cracking the application was what caused development to move behind closed doors previously. So no annoying these guys. They're doing this for free, remember? It's open source, so you can always compile it yourself without the nag dialogue if you know how to. Otherwise, just have some patience. There's much larger problems in this world than that nag dialogue. My only annoyance with it is that it shouldn't pop up when playing a game or fullscreen application, but that's not too big of a deal.

Yeah it'll be removed in the full version I'm sure.

Or switch to Rainmeter.

This. It has a ton of styles to match much better than anything else out there.

0.7 is the best version as of yet. I am using it myself, but you were lucky to not have any popups. Maybe something else was interfering with it.

Multimonitor support after 0.7 is just the least what was added there. The biggest change is that 0.7 was using that old layered windows hack which degraded performance a lot and made a lot of applications not to work. It also contained many memory leaks and security bugs which has been fixed later.

bigmuscle, the new version is working really well, there were no visible artifacts compared to the previous version when I use on my laptop with Intel HD 3000 but when I use it on my desktop with nVidia 9500 card, specially when I use dual monitors and I hover my mouse over any glass effect object I see artifacts.

Here are my debug and crash logs

Intel HD 3000: debug.log | crash.log

nVidia 9500GT: debug.log | crash.log

@hello2u

.7 had popups, maybe slight less frequency but I can't tell.

If there was a .07 it was one of the ooold ones I was referring to, won't do you much good.

Doubt anything was interfering, probably the person didn't notice them or got a cracked version somehow.

Yeah it'll be removed in the full version I'm sure.

Or switch to Rainmeter.

This. It has a ton of styles to match much better than anything else out there.

All I can say, it wasn't a "cracked" version because I know I found this tool on DeviantArt and I didn't get ANY popup ! I keep my PC turned on all the night and no popups...

So I wanted to try the newest version and darling little pop up reappears :/

It is only annoying when I play a game, it returns to my desktop automatically :(

Clicking OK is not a problem.

Greetings :)

Hey all,

I tried looking through but 75 pages takes a bit more time than I have. I downloaded the latest file, but I am not a programmer. What do I need to make this aeroglass modification work. It just looks like I got registry edit files and the readme only mentions updates and not a how to. The youtube video I came across had an EXE to activate and deactivate the process. How can I create/obtain this.. short of taking programming courses. I computer literate, but not in programming. I dont want to edit the registry automatically without knowing all the keys so I can set them back to default.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

All I can say, it wasn't a "cracked" version because I know I found this tool on DeviantArt and I didn't get ANY popup ! I keep my PC turned on all the night and no popups...

So I wanted to try the newest version and darling little pop up reappears :/

It is only annoying when I play a game, it returns to my desktop automatically :(

Clicking OK is not a problem.

Greetings :)

Well if a command prompt came up when you ran it, then it's an old outdated version, and has the command prompt rather than the popups.

You can try running the game in a window, but otherwise all I can say is disable it when you aren't testing.

Hey all,

I tried looking through but 75 pages takes a bit more time than I have. I downloaded the latest file, but I am not a programmer. What do I need to make this aeroglass modification work. It just looks like I got registry edit files and the readme only mentions updates and not a how to. The youtube video I came across had an EXE to activate and deactivate the process. How can I create/obtain this.. short of taking programming courses. I computer literate, but not in programming. I dont want to edit the registry automatically without knowing all the keys so I can set them back to default.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

There's no .exe, just modify the .reg file so it points to the right place, run it, and install AGTweaker from its other topic in this forum to make changes.

We should make a FAQ.

Edited by hello2u