Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Ok, something is wrong. When you click on some color, is the frame color changed to that one which you selected or to different one? And when you hover color swatches, does it display color name or just plain "Color #" ?

Ok, something is wrong. When you click on some color, is the frame color changed to that one which you selected or to different one? And when you hover color swatches, does it display color name or just plain "Color #" ?

Some of them appear to be the wrong color, yes.

Hovering over one gives a name.

Looks like it's the wrong name, hovering over green says "Blush" and turns the window pink:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20887877/Jing/2013-05-06_1737.png

I exported the swatches registry branch, so I think I'll be fine there... don't really use any colors other than auto and white anyway.

Also the square for the active theme's (and maybe others if I change, haven't tried) color has been missing since I installed .9 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20887877/Jing/2013-05-06_1739.png

Edited by hello2u

So script is imported correctly. I don't know why swatches bitmaps has not been replaced correctly :-(

Windows version perhaps? I have x64 pro, downloaded a day or two after release, fully upgraded I think.

I applied the reg key multiple times because of that error, but yeah, that shouldn't have done anything. Not sure what else it would be either.

What was it supposed to do?

Edited by hello2u

There is a problem that two internal DWM functions have the same code in your dwmcore.dll version so it is difficult to recognize the correct one. Maybe I will fix it later but not now because native blur rendering is not so important.

Not so important? :(

For me the performance is great with native blur...

Hi, just tried the 0.9. This version is now 'working' on multiple monitors. Well done, you're getting there :) Just a couple of observations:

I only had transparency, not blur, but that is fine for me, just getting the transparency back feels like windows is a lot nicer to look at.

Getting a strange effect on mouse over where things don't seem to be redrawing properly - like the system tray icons in the taskbar, or having a toolbar on the taskbar. Or in Office 2010 on the ribbon menus. Basically when the mouse leaves, it look as if the mouse is still hovered over it. If that makes sense. And when I tried to take screenshot - the screenshot didn't have the mouse over effect on it! lol. So can't attach a screenshot ...

Thank you for your hard work.

but not now because native blur rendering is not so important.

It is for me. Without it it just makes windows transperent. :huh:

It is very interesting, because there is no code which makes the windows transparent. Such code was present in old version but it does not exist anymore.

So script is imported correctly. I don't know why swatches bitmaps has not been replaced correctly :-(

Windows version perhaps? I have x64 pro, downloaded a day or two after release, fully upgraded I think.

I applied the reg key multiple times because of that error, but yeah, that shouldn't have done anything. Not sure what else it would be either.

What was it supposed to do?

Nothing special, it should change the color palette (color + name + preview bitmap).

Hello!

I've just a little question, I had a version without the annoying popup "demo nah nah nah" but I can't remember which one :/ can you please tell me ? Thanks

Well I guess at the end I have to pass using it at startup as my gadgets are crashing. Once they are loaded I can start Aero Glass with no problem.

Well I guess at the end I have to pass using it at startup as my gadgets are crashing. Once they are loaded I can start Aero Glass with no problem.

If that is Gadget8 you are using, I recommend up update it.