Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I'm going to fix this problem completely but I cannot say when this happen because I need to find part of DWM code which is responsible for this.

ok, I hope you can find it :)

Btw, the StartMenu of SIB also has some artifacts when you hover over the entries on the rights side.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I update the DWMGlass.dll file as its locked?

Do I have to reboot into safe mode?

Remove the AppInit registry entry and reboot. Now you can delete/replace it with no problem.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I update the DWMGlass.dll file as its locked?

Do I have to reboot into safe mode?

What I do is rename the file (since I have permissions to rename in the folder I keep in) then copy the new dll, then force DWM process to restart.

Edited by drakenabarion

Hey,

the new version works great. No visual artifacts etc. The only thing that is not fixed (at least for me) is, that the taskbar isn't colorized. For example, my window frames are green, but the taskbar is white. It is transparent and it got blur, though.

What do you think? Is there a way to fix this?

pqdL365.png

There is a problem that two internal DWM functions have the same code in your dwmcore.dll version so it is difficult to recognize the correct one. Maybe I will fix it later but not now because native blur rendering is not so important.

OK. Thanks was just curious to as why one could handle native blur rendering and the other couldn't. At least it works now. :thumbup

Edited by MikeRL

I'm going to fix this problem completely but I cannot say when this happen because I need to find part of DWM code which is responsible for this.

ok, I hope you can find it :)

Yeah, I found it. There are two functions responsible for saying whether the component contains glass and whether the glass safety zone should be added. I can force them to return always true (they always return false on Win8 RTM), but I think it should be better to handle it correctly.