Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Oh. That's fine. No harm done. I had problems with the beta earlier, but now everything is working. So everything is fine on my end. No apology needed, but thanks for the explanation. :)

Please, disable popup message: DEMO, OWN Risk...

I can smell the monetization... How much?

Just drop it. You can donate, but he doesn't want this used except for testing purposes. If you want the popup gone, then that means that you are trying to use it against his wishes.

For the 764896th time, this is why the popup is there, and that is why the popup isn't going away until the final version.

If you don't like it, then just wait until the final version.

Sorry to everyone I have not respond to his PM. Currently I don't have much time so I only quickly read the messages. On the other side, I'm trying to work hard to provide usable beta soon.

Good luck, i hope x86 version will be available too ;)

Sorry to everyone I have not respond to his PM. Currently I don't have much time so I only quickly read the messages. On the other side, I'm trying to work hard to provide usable beta soon.

Happy to see that you are releasing a new beta after what happened with (delte)bews and the other people. Hopefully, Beta 3 will shed some light on the AGTweaker bug described in these posts:

I got a bug to report. Ever since I applied version 1.2.1 onto my system, the inactive window border permanently turns to black, except when you turn on Native Blur, but Native Blur is annoying glitchy. By doing System Restore, that sometimes fixes the problem, but all restore points are now gone. Help?

I don't think that's caused by AGTweaker itself but more likely by DWMGlass.

In this case I'm not going to be able to help you... You may try direct2D mode from Beta 1.

Actually, the bug does not occur when i use DWMGlass without AGTweaker. After I applied AGTweaker, the bug occurs. Please try to fix it.

I'm hoping that you will also investigate why the Windows 7 Explorer taskbar is transparent when Glass is enabled. Good luck.

post-373381-0-60033900-1367354990_thumb.

try to force dx 9.3 or lower feature version from agtweaker...

Bug report: I noticed that, using Metro apps, when I go in the upper left corner of the screen (for example to go back to desktop), screen image becomes distorted... Also, this malfunction continuously appear in metro app for playing videos (e.g. the default one in Win8) so that videos can't be correctly seen due to this continuous image "flickering".

8myGRRv.png

Edited by niun

I installed the 8.0 beta 2, I had full transparency, how to fix it? How to add glass effect it? In 7.0 beta1 it worked fine

Install 0.85, referred to as the debug build.

Bug report: I noticed that, using Metro apps, when I go in the upper left corner of the screen (for example to go back to desktop), screen image becomes distorted... Also, this malfunction continuously appear in metro app for playing videos (e.g. the default one in Win8) so that videos can't be correctly seen due to this continuous image "flickering".

8myGRRv.png

How to reproduce? Simply moving mouse to the upper left corner does not break anything here...

Well, OK, I disabled Unsigned Themes Services to see if it was the reason, and now dwm keeps restarting, and even keeping CTRL pressed doesn't work. Safe mode doesn't start also. I'm trying to manually remove hook from regedit now... wish me luck :D

OK, bootup fault was due to UXStyle disabled service, still trying to reenable or to uninstall it some way...

Edited by niun

All right, finally managed to use System Restore... :D

As for the Metro problem, as I said before, if I open for example win8 builtin pdf reader, and after that I bring the mouse pointer to the left upper corner of the screen, the screen image becomes distorted as in the screenshot... and indeed, this is due to dwmglass, because now UxStyle is not installed, and disabling dwmglass brings things back in order. I have dwmglass 0.85, Nvidia drivers 314.22 installed and feature level forced to DX 9.3.

Edited by niun

All right, finally managed to use System Restore... :D

As for the Metro problem, as I said before, if I open for example win8 builtin pdf reader, and after that I bring the mouse pointer to the left upper corner of the screen, the screen image becomes distorted as in the screenshot... and indeed, this is due to dwmglass, because now UxStyle is not installed, and disabling dwmglass brings things back in order. I have dwmglass 0.85, Nvidia drivers 314.22 installed and feature level forced to DX 9.3.

Sounds like there's something else at play here interfering with it... debug log may shed more info?

Also maybe device level (see BM's post before mine).

Edited by hello2u

bigmuscle was right, it was the altered feature level the cause of the problem. Leaving it to auto with last version of Agtweaker, all works correctly (with old version, blurring was absent).