Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Aero Glass v0.8 isn't working for me (v0.7 works fine). I get fully transparent window borders without blur. I've tried several DeviceFeatureLevel values.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5850

Driver: 9.12.0.0 (Dec 2012)

Try the new Catalyst 13.4 driver release, just out.

-Noel

According to the debug log, it is 0.8 and you have tried only 11.0 and 11.1 device feature levels. Device levels 9.x or version 0.85 should work,

9.x didn't work but enabling UseNativeBlur worked :)

Can you give link to version 0.85? I can't find it

Try updating your driver. It might be because of incompatible system files as bigmuscle stated. Here's v0.85.

I noticed some weird behavior with respect to the taskbar. I'm currently using the 0.85 version and when I move a window over the taskbar it "draws" aftershadows over it. They go away upon forcing a refresh, for example by trying to take a screenshot of those artifacts or hovering over a taskbar icon. It is triggered by "use native blur rendering" for me.

I noticed some weird behavior with respect to the taskbar. I'm currently using the 0.85 version and when I move a window over the taskbar it "draws" aftershadows over it. They go away upon forcing a refresh, for example by trying to take a screenshot of those artifacts or hovering over a taskbar icon. It is triggered by "use native blur rendering" for me.

You are probably using native blur method.

I don't use Bing a lot either but do like the paper to use in my themes, you could use a photo editor to resize the image

P.S. If anyone is interested here is a site that posts the Bing papers by month

http://www.istarteds...com/bingimages/

Thanks! Any idea how to get them in larger image sizes? (Probably not but figured I had to ask. I don't use Bing so I thought there might be some magic button or something.)

Cheers and Regards

Yes, that's what I wrote ^^

Is this behavior "intended"?

No, Big Muscle said it is buggy. Its a reimplementation to code that was removed by MS so therefore takes some fixing before its properly usable.

I was blind :blushing: but yes, it is intended. I only reimplemented a very small part of code (in the reality only call "blur this shape") to compare the visual and performance differences between my and native implementation (i.e. if there is some bug in my algorithm I can check if it my fault or it is by DWM design). This mode isn't going to be maintained or fixed at all.

I was blind :blushing: but yes, it is intended. I only reimplemented a very small part of code (in the reality only call "blur this shape") to compare the visual and performance differences between my and native implementation (i.e. if there is some bug in my algorithm I can check if it my fault or it is by DWM design). This mode isn't going to be maintained or fixed at all.

For me the native blur improves performance a lot, with your blur implementation the windows are laggy when the GPU idle p-states are active, with native bur I have less lag, almost unnoticeable. Don't tell me there's a problem with my notebook because it's not. Tested/played lots of direct3d applications and games and I had no problems. I paid a lot for this sh!t.

Edited by Tusticles