Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Many testing software does not even let you run it for more than 30 minutes and then it closes. And no tester has a problem with it. There is only one kind of users who complain about it - those one who does not want to test anything. And I again repeat that this was not intention of my releases. If you don't want to test than don't use it. Yes, you can say milliontimes "I want to test but that popup message stops me from testing" but I can only answer that it's the lie. People who say this just ended up downgrading to some very old version - and this only shows that they does not want to test anything, because it has no testing sense to use old very buggy version with degraded performance and many security bugs.

I said I tested it already though I came here via Google. I periodically search for Aero Glass. I never said I came here for testing. And I said that all issues I had were mentioned already. I tested 0.7, 0.8 and 0.85. I you complain of people using older versions, why do you still offer those versions?

Edited by Sheldon

I can't understand what's going on here, and that's why I registered. You people complain about a little message that pops up once an hour? It's a development build! Bigmuscle has been kind enough to provide you with development builds from the start. How many developers do this? It's one click to remove the message, and there's also the alternative to wait for a stable build. He's said many times that the message will disappear when the program is ready for public consumption. What's the big deal?

Also, regarding those who accuse Bigmuscle of wanting to monetize... I can't recall seeing him ask for donations, simply suggesting it if you like the software. What? Isn't this quite a natural thing to do? If you appreciate something, surely you pay for it! Bus tickets, online subscriptions, computer games. A payment isn't even mandatory to access early builds, something that's popular these days. It's all provided for free, with an option to donate! I find the accusations of 'greed' absolutely ridiculous.

Seriously, stop whinging and submit bug reports and constructive feedback if you have something to say. Otherwise, enjoy the free software and look forward to future builds!

What VS is that?

May be it is screen from Windows 7 with Win8 RP theme? If it screen from Win8, say what theme you are use? Aero Glass on screen by bigmuscle?

And how you made blur at start menu?

I think there might be an incompatibility with ModernMix, I installed MM and it was working fine till I put my computer to sleep, had two apps running with ModernMix that needed to restart when I woke it up, and after I closed them, it looked like DWM or windows explorer restarted... something like that.

After that, it looked normal, except I had a window titled "DWM notification window," and when I tried to close that my computer went a bit crazy, still looks quite off: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20887877/Jing/2013-04-23_1844.png

Running Glass8 version 0.7 currently.

Update: Sorry, I meant ModernMix haha. Restarting fixed it, I think what happened was DWM ran into a bug, then tried to tell me about it with a buggy window. When I tried to close the window, DWM was closed.

Edited by hello2u

May be it is screen from Windows 7 with Win8 RP theme? If it screen from Win8, say what theme you are use? Aero Glass on screen by bigmuscle?

And how you made blur at start menu?

Win7, of course :D , win8 will never look like this. And you can blur your start menu in win8 if you use DWM Glass + StartIsBack.

That is quite beautiful! If that was indeed Win8 with Aero Glass, and it could look like that in a multi-monitor setup (of different sizes), then that looks like a finished product to me. At least one that is ready for an official v1.0 designation while any other bugs are chased down.

EDIT: Shame on you Tusticles for getting our hopes up. LOL

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Given that this is a test version, if it breaks on them and causes damage to their system, that's their problem. I just don't think having a popup message will really solve anything.

Yes, it solves only one thing - it stops/annoys you using the software if your intention is not the testing/previewing.

It also stops people from testing it who do intend to actually test it.

It's sad to see that this was ruined by a single post.

bigmuscle, I respect your work and the amount of time you've put into this.

Thank you for letting us test previews of it in the past.

It's sad to see that this was ruined by a single post.

bigmuscle, I respect your work and the amount of time you've put into this.

Thank you for letting us test previews of it in the past.

He's not stopping development, he's just no longer releasing public builds until he's done. I know it's hard to find the post in the many pages of mess, but he said it somewhere in there...

EDIT:

Here:

I will only repeat myself, but again. I develop this utility in my free time, just for fun and to learn new things. I made preview of this available which was not intended for normal usage at all, with many bugs and many debugging things included. And people started to search for the way how to remove background discreet console window (which was intended for serious debug messages). So this just convinced me that people does not want any preview of anything and they are not interested in any testing (how could anyone test it if he is searching for the way how to remove debug messages?). Thus I added one-hour preview notification window and made the statement that this version is not for regular usage. That's it.

So if anyone wants to use it for different usage than testing, then he uses it against the conditions of this software. If anyone disassembles/modify this software so it can be used under different conditions than he infringes the copyright of this software. And sorry, I won't support such behaviour. If anyone does not like the behaviour of this piece of software that he should not use it at all. You can always move to the alternates - e.g. move to WindowBlinds and start complaining that they don't give you any preview which you could crack. From deltebews' posts, I understand that he's going to spread his cracked version everywhere and thus there is no reason why I should support him in cracking any following versions with many bugfixes. I'm still continuing in development of this application but I will not share any new public version at this time.

Edited by inighthawki