Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

how is removing an annoying popup 'cracking' something - the software is as is - there is still reference to bigmuscle - had the OP not left the first popup then even that is not cracking - banning someone for that - seems to me its a sledgehammer to crack a nut

True

how is removing an annoying popup 'cracking' something

Well, now you've done it - you morons couldn't shut up about cracking BigMuscle's software. Screwing around with it was inappropriate, talking about others screwing around with it was inappropriate, and asking stupid questions about screwing around with it was inappropriate. No, you couldn't just grow up and let the man work.

BigMuscle, my invitation for you to contact me privately to help you with this work still stands.

-Noel

"Cracked"

Yeah right..., because cracking something thats free is totally same as cracking something that costs money.

Cracking something thats modifies (or cracks) windows system files.

Software cracking is the modification of software to remove or disable features © wiki

In my fixed versions popup is not removed or disabled. Them even can't be considered as "cracked".

how is removing an annoying popup 'cracking' something - the software is as is - there is still reference to bigmuscle - had the OP not left the first popup then even that is not cracking - banning someone for that - seems to me its a sledgehammer to crack a nut

True

This kind of thought is incredibly disrespectful. Bigmuscle has just spent months working very hard on a great product. People constantly nagged about this feature and he asked that it be left be. Reasons for this are his own - He wants it to stay a preview and not be used, it's beta software that he is going to sell, etc. Why he chose to do so is not our business. Then going and ignoring the request of the person doing ALL the work, removing the popup and posting it for everyone to use is completely disrespectful.

How is it 'cracking'? How is it not? He did the definition of cracking a feature:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

Do you think that it's OK for someone to create a crack for Windows then say "BTW copyright Microsoft, all credit to them, buy the software if you like it" makes it OK?

Please do not try to justify this kind of behavior.

Thankfully, it appears that deltebrews has been banned (for being an id1ot and violating the rules of the board by posting links to "cracked" software, regardless of what he said about it not being such), and the links to his bastardization of Big Muscle's code have been removed by a moderator.

EDIT: deltabrew2 - To be clear, I'm sure that Big Muscle did not ban you, he doesn't have the power or authority. I'm sure it was a Moderator or other staff member. If they are smart, they will also ban your IP and email addresses to make it more difficult for you to come back.

Cheers and Regards

"Cracked"

Yeah right..., because cracking something thats free is totally same as cracking something that costs money.

This is managed by the given license. There are license that do not allows to crack software which is "free", and other licenses yes.. they allows. Same with software who costs money. Always defined by the license what was given by author... ;-)

"Cracked"

Cracking something thats modifies (or cracks) windows system files.

Software cracking is the modification of software to remove or disable features © wiki

In my fixed versions popup is not removed or disabled. Them even can't be considered as "cracked".

the RU-mentaly I don't understand... violate rights and think to be a superhero! Learn to respect ...

True

This kind of thought is incredibly disrespectful. Bigmuscle has just spent months working very hard on a great product. People constantly nagged about this feature and he asked that it be left be. Reasons for this are his own - He wants it to stay a preview and not be used, it's beta software that he is going to sell, etc. Why he chose to do so is not our business. Then going and ignoring the request of the person doing ALL the work, removing the popup and posting it for everyone to use is completely disrespectful.

How is it 'cracking'? How is it not? He did the definition of cracking a feature:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_cracking

Do you think that it's OK for someone to create a crack for Windows then say "BTW copyright Microsoft, all credit to them, buy the software if you like it" makes it OK?

Please do not try to justify this kind of behavior.

i accept most of that - each to their own - i wanted to use it - but the popups got in the way [for me] i had asked if bigmuscle would remove them - he would not so i stopped using 7 and then 8 - i went back to 3 as i think a few here did - how does that serve the beta testing - a popup at start - fine - but why more - its not part of the software - its an annoyance - all my opinion and a few others too - bigmuscle wanted testers he had people happy to do that - if i got a black screen because of it - i accepted that - it was beta - but again i say the popups had nothing to do with the software

i would have been happy to pay a small amount for a beta without popups as other would but that was refused - i dont understand bigmuscle - but thats just me

finally if and when this does go to release software at a reasonable cost i and i think all those here would be happy to pay for it - that was never part of my wanting it without popups

I play some intense multiplayer games and do not want to be surprised by AeroGlass popup in middle of game, so bigmuscle if you want us to pay to get rid of popup that's fine give us PayPal option, no one thinks your work shouldnt be rewarded.

But all popup is doing right now is trolling us, your fans. Please reconsider.

Edited by mvd

I will only repeat myself, but again. I develop this utility in my free time, just for fun and to learn new things. I made preview of this available which was not intended for normal usage at all, with many bugs and many debugging things included. And people started to search for the way how to remove background discreet console window (which was intended for serious debug messages). So this just convinced me that people does not want any preview of anything and they are not interested in any testing (how could anyone test it if he is searching for the way how to remove debug messages?). Thus I added one-hour preview notification window and made the statement that this version is not for regular usage. That's it.

So if anyone wants to use it for different usage than testing, then he uses it against the conditions of this software. If anyone disassembles/modify this software so it can be used under different conditions than he infringes the copyright of this software. And sorry, I won't support such behaviour. If anyone does not like the behaviour of this piece of software that he should not use it at all. You can always move to the alternates - e.g. move to WindowBlinds and start complaining that they don't give you any preview which you could crack. From deltebews' posts, I understand that he's going to spread his cracked version everywhere and thus there is no reason why I should support him in cracking any following versions with many bugfixes. I'm still continuing in development of this application but I will not share any new public version at this time.

I play some intense multiplayer games and do not want to be surprised by AeroGlass popup in middle of game, so bigmuscle if you want us to pay to get rid of popup that's fine give us PayPal option, no one thinks your work shouldnt be rewarded.

If you use your computer for playing games then you should not use AeroGlass at all. It is not intended for such usage.

Edited by bigmuscle

So, that the way how many great projects was aborted...

It's finally what happens! I had some nice projects... aborted, because some people do not appreciate nothing. The consequence is that good projects sais: "Bye". Punishment for all ignorates and peoples who want have all ... all for free ... don't mind of all work by the authors and their rights... don't respect the way of develop... alpha and beta have to be like finish version...

Sad, because it was a great project. Wish that the final version comes out one day...

What's incomprehensible to me is why there is a debate, actually.

Bigmucle created this software. He is entitled to do what he wants with it.

He has the right to stop the development at any time if you bother.

He has the right to propose to the test under the condidtions of his choice.

- Even if these conditions seem foolish to you.

As users, we have two possibilities.

1 / Accept the conditions and use the software

2 / Decline the Terms of Use and do not use the software

We do not have the right to disassemble, decompile, patch, in short make any changes to the program without prior authorization

- Even if these changes appear to be useful and beneficial.

After that, if you violate the terms of the contract and bother the only person able to develop the project to the point of discouraging him from improving the software, do not complain if no new version comes.

If I were bigmuscle I wouldn't waste my time developing software for a bunch of morons and would spend it on more useful things. That's all you have gained. No more previews. Finished. End.

Thank you for your work Bigmuscle, it was a pleasure to test previews, discuss technical details and develop a GUI to help testing.

I learned many things about the Windows API, and ironically, thanks to the popups I had some challenges ahead like learning how to simulate mouse/keyboard input, register Windows Tasks, and so.

If you still continue to develop the software and a final version appears, I'd be happy to buy it, or donate if it's provided for free.

I've followed several very interesting and well made projects in the past that got cancelled because people weren't smart to just shut up and let the developer develop in his/her own time.

Many of us voiced our opinion to a select number of stubborn or greedy members that kept asking the same thing over and over again even when they were told good valid reasons why they could not get their way. Why are such people so self entitled to think that anyone owes them anything? Well, thanks for ruining something good - I hope you are proud of yourselves! Where once we had an open place where bugs can be resolved and features potentially (and not repetitively) get discussed, now what are people going to do? The world has so many geniuses. Why cant more of them be on the internet...

@bigmuscle: While I don't blame you for not wanting to have to deal with all that chaos, I just hope that you can still work on this project silently in the background. Away from the greedy *meows of some people. I bet it would be much nicer to have that privacy to just program. I'm sure you have many fans who will wait patiently (and without constant nagging) for a finalised version. Thank you for the hard work.

Oh and here is a debug file if that may be of any use. Its from 0.85, but I bet you already moved beyond that already. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bjp3k6n3odtmi6/debug%2022-Apr-2013.log?m

*(yes cat analogy - some people seem like greedy cats. I mean no offence, even when such people themselves are offensive)

I will only repeat myself, but again. I develop this utility in my free time, just for fun and to learn new things. I made preview of this available which was not intended for normal usage at all, with many bugs and many debugging things included. And people started to search for the way how to remove background discreet console window (which was intended for serious debug messages). So this just convinced me that people does not want any preview of anything and they are not interested in any testing (how could anyone test it if he is searching for the way how to remove debug messages?). Thus I added one-hour preview notification window and made the statement that this version is not for regular usage. That's it.

So if anyone wants to use it for different usage than testing, then he uses it against the conditions of this software. If anyone disassembles/modify this software so it can be used under different conditions than he infringes the copyright of this software. And sorry, I won't support such behaviour. If anyone does not like the behaviour of this piece of software that he should not use it at all. You can always move to the alternates - e.g. move to WindowBlinds and start complaining that they don't give you any preview which you could crack. From deltebews' posts, I understand that he's going to spread his cracked version everywhere and thus there is no reason why I should support him in cracking any following versions with many bugfixes. I'm still continuing in development of this application but I will not share any new public version at this time.

If you use your computer for playing games then you should not use AeroGlass at all. It is not intended for such usage.

I don't blame you, BigMuscle. This is a real darn good move, and I don't mean that sarcastically. You provided an early version for free (which is good whether you will charge for it or not), which you didn't have to do. And yet, DeltaBrews (or DeltaBrew2, DeltaBrew3, or DeltaBrew4, depending on how many times he has been banned) seriously didn't have the respect in him to simply take what you gave him and hack it in ways against your will, potentially impairing your ability to make money from your work, knowingly wronging you, and justifies it by "it was annoying," and making an empty and selfish request "please don't hate me" despite what he did. And whenever he gets banned, that immature baby makes a new account to try to justify this. Perhaps all future pre-release builds should be invite only, with no more public betas until the final release.

So you are that angry about deltebews that you stopped publishing new versions? Should Microsoft stop publishing updates for Windows 8, because a little hacker cracks their user inteface and enables Aero Glass?

You are not doing this for fun, you want to make money and this is why you are afraid of versions with removed notifications. There is no cracked Aero Glass for Win8 because there are is no disclaimer by the way. And it is very clear that your final app, when released, will be cracked like every charged program. Don´t tell us, you wasn´t aware of that.

I personally resepct your work, but not your behavior here. And in my opinion I can live with a Aero Glass free Windows 8 when it´s therefor liberated from obtrusive BIG MUSCLE placards.

Edited by Sheldon