Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Has anyone tried this with the leaked builds of Windows 8.1, if it doesn't work with it then the testing stage may turn out to be a on going thing. Surely Microsoft is aware of this project, so I can see them doing 1 of 2 things. Either putting glass back into Windows to kill Big Muscles project, or constantly changing things to mess up his project.

Nonsense. Not 1, not 2 will happen... 3 will happen. Nothing of both. ;-)

It's like ... in year 2000 the world will end, because pc cannot with the new calender... ha ha ha

Has anyone tried this with the leaked builds of Windows 8.1, if it doesn't work with it then the testing stage may turn out to be a on going thing. Surely Microsoft is aware of this project, so I can see them doing 1 of 2 things. Either putting glass back into Windows to kill Big Muscles project, or constantly changing things to mess up his project.

Hmm, I guess this is big enough that there's a decent chance that Microsoft knows about it. Even if they do, I seriously doubt that they care: big companies rarely concern themselves with fan/3rd party stuff like this.

Rumor is that 8.1 could bring back aeroglass, which would render this obsolete, but afaik this project is made with a separate rending engine (custom one done in D3D?) or something, so there isn't much else Microsoft could do.

Edited by hello2u

Hmm, I guess this is big enough that there's a decent chance that Microsoft knows about it. Even if they do, I seriously doubt that they care: big companies rarely concern themselves with fan/3rd party stuff like this.

Rumor is that 8.1 could bring back aeroglass, which would render this obsolete, but afaik this project is made with a separate rending engine (custom one done in D3D?) or something, so there isn't much else Microsoft could do.

If they didn't care about 3rd party projects and themes, why is a big challenge to change things to the OS? Take windows xp - 7 the amount of customization was endless. You could basically make windows 7 look EXACTLY like windows xp. But now in windows 8 its hard to even do such a thing. I am not an expert but its what I think.

So this is it - fixed versions release.

To be clear: this is not cracked versions! Popup is still here, but less aggressive. It appears on every startup/dll reload/DWM restart, but just 1 time.

I also made download mirrors list, so now you can download aero glass hook even links in first post are not available.

Please PM me if the new version will be released - I'll add it to the list.

Enjoy :)

Ok, if you want to post cracked versions here, then develop aero glass yourself. Bye.

I really hope this is sarcasm. Bad reason to quit when you got so far. Not to mention it was inevitable someone would want to use it without hassle. Also quite weird you didn't post entire time even though he said he'll do it, like you waited for it :blink:

Edited by Blackbird256

Ok, if you want to post cracked versions here, then develop aero glass yourself. Bye.

@deltebews: This is what I meant with respect! People are not aware about many things because ignorance and egoism makes them blind. Nodbody likes that somebody touch his "baby". Do you like that somebody comes and check your work and improve or change it? Respect everybodies work and let everybodies his own baby!!!!

@Big Muscle: Please chill down... many peoples knows that it's YOUR work and many peoples would like to have it finished. Your work is an important part of Eye-Candy and Costumizion for Windows 8 ... Please make clear to everybody what kind of license you want for your work and peoples should respect it! There are many lincenses for choose... ;-)

(GPL, LGPL, Creative Commons by-sa, Closesource, ...)

Edited by mrdiego

Well, I didn't expect that reaction.

bigmuscle, I really don't understand you. You want me post completely cracked versions in other forums? I spent a day fixing timers instead removing popup in 5 minutes

P.S. I don't need to develop glass, it's easier to switch to linux.

Thankfully, it appears that deltebrews has been banned (for being an id1ot and violating the rules of the board by posting links to "cracked" software, regardless of what he said about it not being such), and the links to his bastardization of Big Muscle's code have been removed by a moderator.

EDIT: deltabrew2 - To be clear, I'm sure that Big Muscle did not ban you, he doesn't have the power or authority. I'm sure it was a Moderator or other staff member. If they are smart, they will also ban your IP and email addresses to make it more difficult for you to come back.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Thankfully, it appears that deltebrews has been banned (for being an id1ot and violating the rules of the board by posting links to "cracked" software, regardless of what he said about it not being such), and the links to his bastardization of Big Muscle's code have been removed by a moderator.

EDIT: deltabrew2 - To be clear, I'm sure that Big Muscle did not ban you, he doesn't have the power or authority. I'm sure it was a Moderator or other staff member. If they are smart, they will also ban your IP and email addresses to make it more difficult for you to come back.

Cheers and Regards

"Cracked"

Yeah right..., because cracking something thats free is totally same as cracking something that costs money.

Edited by Blackbird256

I don't understand why people always assume that Microsoft goes around patching their code explicitly to disable things like this. Where do they get this idea?

Also where did you hear that rumor? Is it some form of pure speculation about the rumors of the start button?

I don't understand why people always assume that Microsoft goes around patching their code explicitly to disable things like this. Where do they get this idea?

Yeah MS doesn't do this on purpose. They are just removing legacy code that isn't actually used. These conspiracy theories about them doing it on purpose are just silly.

how is removing an annoying popup 'cracking' something - the software is as is - there is still reference to bigmuscle - had the OP not left the first popup then even that is not cracking - banning someone for that - seems to me its a sledgehammer to crack a nut

Edited by adacom