Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

What's This ?

You registered a corrupt or wrong bitness DLL (eg 32 bit dll on 64 bits system) as AppInit_dll so there's an error message each time you launch an app.

You should remove it from AppInit_dll and re-download a clean copy from the original link or use the correct DLL corresponding to your system.

Glass is visible on your screenshot probably because you used AGTweaker, which installed the correct DLL for you, which is still loaded in the window manager.

Edited by ORelio

Good news everyone! :hello:

I've managed to remove "This is DEMO version" popup... completely.

But I know, that bigmuscle is going to make money on this, so.. I made the popup appear only once on startup to make everyone happy... almost happy :}

It seems to be working, but I'm still going to test it for awhile. Patched versions will be uploaded soon.

P.S. bigmuscle, please don't hate me, this popup was really annoying :unsure:

Good work. Don´t listen to the apple polishers.

You have just took a program that Bigmuscle worked so hard on that you think that he will charge for, and you cracked it so you can use the free beta version instead of buying the full version, so bigmuscle gets less money.

Hehas every right to hate you.

Did he say he will not buy the full version?

Anyone have delay before glass is loaded in borders?

I have this if I use it in VMWare. You open the window and 3 secs later glass kicks in. On my main computer it loads instantly homewer. Did you try different DeviceFeatureLevel values?

I have this if I use it in VMWare. You open the window and 3 secs later glass kicks in. On my main computer it loads instantly homewer. Did you try different DeviceFeatureLevel values?

Yes, there is a 1sec delay.

So, this turned into a paid app or why are so many posts about a "full version"?

Oh, and with the 8.5 Version I still don't get Blur :/

Edited by evilpro

Can you describe when exactly this delay kicks in?

On my VMware Win 8 VM I see full transparency for the split second while the window is animating into place, but then the proper blur fills in exactly when the window is fully into place.

BigMuscle said up above somewhere that this is to be expected.

-Noel

Also managed to do that on my own computer by muting messagebox calls but you should not publish your changes there.

Oh, that's nice. Unfortunately not everyone here have such mad skills as you. Why you can use this mod without problems and they don't? It's not fair.

It's sad that we live in a world with to much egoists and NO RESPECT.

I respect bigmuscle, more than you think. That's why I made the popup appear only on startup instead of removing it completely (it's a lot easier - just 1 byte fix).

You have just took a program that Bigmuscle worked so hard on that you think that he will charge for, and you cracked it so you can use the free beta version instead of buying the full version, so bigmuscle gets less money.

The point is that he's not selling it. Be sure that I will stop doing this fixes when the full version will be available.

For everyone interested in this: fixed v0.8 is ready (testing it now) and will be released tomorrow.

Tried to install this on Win8 Pro x64. Not working - no glass effect, title bars are simply 100% transparent. I do not have any start menu replacement install, so nothing is interfering with transparency settings.

Also, why the "DEMO VERSION" nag/popup? Hopefully author reconsiders removing it UNTIL he has a version for sale.

Edited by mvd

The popup isn't to get you to buy it, it's to let you know that it's not finished, could be buggy, break things, etc.

Honestly I don't see why there's a big fuss all of a sudden. I don't even think I saw bigmuscle mention whether he wanted to charge for it or not. Even if he did, that's his choice and he has done some amazing work. Should he provide an option to donate rather than forcing you to pay for it, I will probably contribute.

Furthermore, this is software that windows 8 has desperately needed, and no one else has a good solution for it. I'm glad I was able to contribute as a tester, seeing as I didn't have the knowledge/time/motivation to do it myself. Version .7 was working just fine for me and I don't mind the popups.

As for removing the popups/cracking or whatever, it's cool you were able to do it, but apparently it's not allowed here and bigmuscle doesn't want it... and that should really be the end of it.

I look forward to future versions and the release bigmuscle, keep up the good work!

Well good points but I think we understand its not finished/buggy/could break things by the nature of it not even having an installer and we're having to tweak a reg file to make it work in the first place.

Edited by mvd

Folks. give BigMuscle a break, this is a work in progress and if you read the very first post it tells you there wont be an installer until it's final. Nowhere is it mentioned about a charge for it. That was people chit-chatting amongst themselves that started that rumour.

It's up to BigMuscle what happens when it's final. Also as it's beta there obviously will be things that don't work properly. Be patient with him.

Edited by Ex_Brit

I am also having issues in the latest beta. Everything is 100% transparent, past beta worked perfectly. Are there any log files or anything of that nature that I can upload to assist in fixing this issue? I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you fix this. Take your time. :) Yes I know this is a beta.