Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I see additional black screen time ALMOST always, though sometimes it's not there. I noticed this in repeated testing while trying to nail down the timings.

When it happens during bootup I believe the screen remains black for about 1 second longer after the Windows logo disappears. I see the screen go black during a shutdown at about 1 to 2 seconds, where normally the screen stays blue and I see the detailed status messages about what's being shut down (I have configured verbose status message display via the policy editor). I do NOT have Fast Boot enabled. I also have "boot to desktop" functionality set up via ClassicShell.

In neither case does it seem the bootup or shutdown is delayed. It just looks a little different.

Summary comparison of startup/shutdown with or without Aero Glass for Win8 installed:

With Aero Glass for Win8 installed:

1. Start bootup.

2. POST completes

3. At 6 seconds Windows Logo shows.

4. At 18 seconds the Windows Logo fades to black and screen stays black for about 2-1/2 seconds.

5. At 21 seconds "Preparing Windows" is displayed in a different place on a solid blue background, which shifts in color.

6. At 25 seconds Login completes and the desktop is shown.

1. Request shutdown.

2. Immediately the screen goes to a solid blue background with the words "Shutting Down". Several additional "Shutting Down Service..." etc. messages are displayed very rapidly.

3. At 1 second after the shutdown is requested the screen goes black.

4. At 8 seconds shutdown completes.

Without Aero Glass for Win8 installed:

1. Start bootup.

2. POST completes

3. At 6 seconds Windows Logo shows.

4. At 18 seconds the Windows Logo fades to black and screen stays black for about 1-1/2 seconds.

5. At 20 seconds several messages are displayed on a blue background too rapidly to read.

6. At 22 seconds "Preparing Windows" is displayed in a different place on a solid blue background, which shifts in color.

7. At 24 seconds several additional screens flash.

8. At 26 seconds Login completes and the desktop is shown.

1. Request shutdown.

2. Immediately a number of "Shutting Down ..." status messages appear too rapidly to read on a solid blue background.

3. At 2 seconds "Stopping Services" status message appears on solid blue background.

4. At 7 seconds "Shutting Down" status message appears on solid blue background.

5. At 8 seconds shutdown completes.

-Noel

Edit: Corrected step numbering glitches.

Edited by NoelC

Good news everyone! :hello:

I've managed to remove "This is DEMO version" popup... completely.

But I know, that bigmuscle is going to make money on this, so.. I made the popup appear only once on startup to make everyone happy... almost happy :}

It seems to be working, but I'm still going to test it for awhile. Patched versions will be uploaded soon.

P.S. bigmuscle, please don't hate me, this popup was really annoying :unsure:

Also managed to do that on my own computer by muting messagebox calls but you should not publish your changes there.

If you can patch it out then that's good for you but you are not allowed to share any patch or crack on this forum (read the rules).

In addition, it would be against the terms of use proposed by bigmuscle and a deep mark of disrespect towards his work. So please keep that for you ;)

When I use this my everything gows completely transparent and I have no blur ;( Did I do something wrong? Running Windows 8 Pro X64

Try the debug version provided by bigmuscle here: http://leteckaposta.cz/306250185

Edited by ORelio

Did you applied that with AGTweaker ?

If so, see in the status bar of the tool which version you are using.

v0.8 = Normal, v0.85 = Debug

Use the delete button on the bottom right corner to delete the installed version if you still have v0.8

You will probably have to reboot and press the button a second time before activating v0.85.

But I know, that bigmuscle is going to make money on this, so.. I made the popup appear only once on startup to make everyone happy... almost happy :}

It seems to be working, but I'm still going to test it for awhile. Patched versions will be uploaded soon.

Are u sure? that is u're opinion... For that reason, your own fantasies, u has patched his work? ... Finally it's an act without respect!!! 1. He created that program and spend his knowledge and time in that project... 2. It's a decision of the manufacturer what finally happens with his work... 3. You also want go to your work and at final of month u don't get u're earnings, because your govern "patched" your contract for "free"... 4. With this kind of acts and stupid mentality you are destructing any motivation for following or start any project!

Like you want respect (for your work ...) so give respect to the work of others. If he decide to share his work for free ... take that as an gift... If he want to sell his work... respect it and buy it if you want it!!!

It's sad that we live in a world with to much egoists and NO RESPECT. To crack or patch software with a mentaly to share it for everybody for free is an act without respect to the persons his work and not an act of a superhero!

Sometimes it's a shame to say I am a human, because some humans do and think like the worst...

Big Muscle... again thanks for your work and don't mind coments and acts of some ignorates. ;-)

Edited by mrdiego

Here is my RP theme, sorry for not reading the private messages...

There are two versions, one with modified navigation bar, this will affect Internet Explorer, but since I don't use IE I don't give a f*ck about it and one without navigation bar modification. I hex edited UIRibbon.dll to change the color of ribbon, only for 64bit users, who have x86 can share the dll and I will modify it.

Download

Edited by Tusticles

You have just took a program that Bigmuscle worked so hard on that you think that he will charge for, and you cracked it so you can use the free beta version instead of buying the full version, so bigmuscle gets less money.

Hehas every right to hate you.

Then again, one might argue the same thing towards Windows 8: "Microsoft worked so hard to make the Metro UI and the visual style of Windows 8, and now people are cracking Windows to change it back"

Though as far as the money aspect of it goes, I'm sure there are a large number of people more than willing to pay for a version without popups, right now.... except that there is no paid version of it.

I know I would pay money for this.

You have just took a program that Bigmuscle worked so hard on that you think that he will charge for, and you cracked it so you can use the free beta version instead of buying the full version, so bigmuscle gets less money.

Hehas every right to hate you.

No not really. Way to overreact. I don't know where are you all getting he'll charge for it. Did he say anything about it I missed or are you all assuming, because right now its basically shareware?

Of course if it will have some reasonable price then I am OK with it.

wordswordswords

Chill out dude. It's not like it took years and he didn't share it so who cares?

Edited by Blackbird256