Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

My conclusions are that native/non-native blur doesn't make a difference, high levels cause the effect to stop working, and other values have little or no effect.

There is slight transparency though.

And it is exactly how it works. When you have incomatible DWM version than native blur simply does not work. Also, as I said many times before, blur radius cannot be adjusted in Direct3D (and neither in native) mode. The transparency level should be always set to zero else it will place another color layer on the top of the frame which makes it almost opaque. (it should be adjusted a bit only - e.g. to 64 - if you use standard Windows 8 theme). If you want to adjust transparency level correctly than just use Windows Control panel.

What about the close window animation. You said somewhere ITT that you'd have to add some additional hacky code for it work. Any luck on making it work?

Close animation works in the new version.

close animation should normally work.. errrm if you have compatible UDWM.DLL (and not on 32-bit).

In 0.8? I haven't tried that one yet so I am sorry if you already fixed it, but there was no mention of it in changelog or ITT and in 0.7 it doesn't work.

Close animation works in the new version.

Aha. Alright then.

Edited by Blackbird256

I didn't mentioned it in the changelog because it was no bug itself. It was one of the restriction which came with layered windows hack. Since layered windows are not used anymore (since 0.8 when not falling into backward compatibility mode) then all restrictions shouldn't appear anymore - and it is a bit hard to name all restrictions ;)

2) black screen on reboot problem: when you press "reboot" it shows reboot screen, but then it turns to black with cursor on it (I had it for 5 minutes while windows updates installation)

5) no difference between standard and native rendering - is it even works?

I have these too.

2) black screen on reboot problem: when you press "reboot" it shows reboot screen, but then it turns to black with cursor on it (I had it for 5 minutes while windows updates installation)

yeah, I see this too, but never thought that this Aero Hack could be the cause.

"I had it for 5 minutes while windows updates installation" // do I understand correctly that this happen only when installing window updates? or does it happen on every reboot?

I am not sure about this

I have a black screen on every reboot, usually for 5-10 seconds.

P.S. looks like a black screen appears after the user logout is complete.

If "Start8" is installed, be sure that option "Disable transparency of taskbar" are enabled. If not it can be bugs with this part of software.

Edited by CKyHC

Good news everyone! :hello:

I've managed to remove "This is DEMO version" popup... completely.

But I know, that bigmuscle is going to make money on this, so.. I made the popup appear only once on startup to make everyone happy... almost happy :}

It seems to be working, but I'm still going to test it for awhile. Patched versions will be uploaded soon.

P.S. bigmuscle, please don't hate me, this popup was really annoying :unsure: