Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Hmm, you're a bit funny. You are asking for a list of registry settings. I say that it is written in readme.txt and you start shouting that I directed you into readme file. Sorry, I will not response to your posts anymore. And what more, I will not probably release any other version - only privately to some persons. You want this, there was no glass and you will have no glass.

For those who have problems with native blur, make sure 'UseNativeBlur' have this value 0x10000000 and not 0x00000001.

I don't even understand how this is possible to set this to 0x10000000

Tusticles was wrong. To enable set to 0x00000001, to disable set to 0x00000000, the key must be in HKCU, not in the HKLM.

The reality is ... blah blah

Your reality notwithstanding, it's kind of hard to explain how there are those of us who can make it work great and do effective testing if BigMuscle isn't providing enough info. Perhaps you didn't notice the Readme.txt file he provides with each release, or perhaps you're unable to conceptually separate the work he's doing from the stuff others are doing (such as the AGtweaker applet). As a fellow software developer I'm having no trouble following the work he's doing.

BigMuscle may not be a marketing guy who puts things in end-user's terms, but that's okay - he's a technical guy who knows how to make things work. The polish will come later.

You're probably doing the right thing - just sit back and relax until it's a turnkey product that's easy to install and configure. I suspect you can live without Aero Glass a bit longer.

BigMuscle, I'm happy to help you continue testing the software. Write to me at NCarboni @ ProDigitalSoftware.com if you'd like to continue privately.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Hmm, you're a bit funny. You are asking for a list of registry settings. I say that it is written in readme.txt and you start shouting that I directed you into readme file. Sorry, I will not response to your posts anymore. And what more, I will not probably release any other version - only privately to some persons. You want this, there was no glass and you will have no glass.

Please, be patient. Just ignore him and continue. We are waiting other releases. I want to test any new version, and help if i can...

Many people here provide very good testing reports and I appreciate it much (if AeroGlass would ever be shareware, I have no problem to give them free license) but some people makes me angry. Really, e.g. pengipete milliontimes wrote that he cannot test it properly without knowing the list of registry keys. I told him milliontimes that there are no registry keys to test but he still writes that he want them. I told him that the list of some possible keys (which are not supposed to be set at all) can be found in readme and he shouts that I am stupid because I told him to read some manual. I really don't know what some users think - I do this software in my free time for free and for fun (and at the beginning I didn't plan to spend so much time on this). And write to them - nobody forces to use this application, so please do not use it if you don't like it.

So again, respect to all who provides really good testing reports.

Many people here provide very good testing reports and I appreciate it much (if AeroGlass would ever be shareware, I have no problem to give them free license) but some people makes me angry. Really, e.g. pengipete milliontimes wrote that he cannot test it properly without knowing the list of registry keys. I told him milliontimes that there are no registry keys to test but he still writes that he want them. I told him that the list of some possible keys (which are not supposed to be set at all) can be found in readme and he shouts that I am stupid because I told him to read some manual. I really don't know what some users think - I do this software in my free time for free and for fun (and at the beginning I didn't plan to spend so much time on this). And write to them - nobody forces to use this application, so please do not use it if you don't like it.

So again, respect to all who provides really good testing reports.

Just ignore it, some people say nonsense all the time. I tried the 32 bit version, but i don't have blur, just transparency. Logs - http://www.sendspace.com/file/styeb5

Is there any other info i can provide to help you fix it?

jb3555: thank, do you have only 32bit version? If you have possibility to test x64 - could you compare 0.8 and 0.85 (link is a page back)? Maybe I fixed it in 0.85 but I didn't compile 32-bit version - and cannot do it now because I changed some other things which does not work now.

For those who have problems with native blur, make sure 'UseNativeBlur' have this value 0x10000000 and not 0x00000001.

blur_check.PNG

???

Makes no sense.

Tusticles was wrong. To enable set to 0x00000001, to disable set to 0x00000000, the key must be in HKCU, not in the HKLM.

In the logical sense, 0 is to disable, 1 is to enable. In the reality sense, everything different from 0x0 makes it enabled :sneaky:

jb3555: thank, do you have only 32bit version? If you have possibility to test x64 - could you compare 0.8 and 0.85 (link is a page back)? Maybe I fixed it in 0.85 but I didn't compile 32-bit version - and cannot do it now because I changed some other things which does not work now.

Unfortunately no, i have 3 pc's, and none of them are x64 :) I'm also previously used another hack to get window transparency with colorization, now i removed it and your dll works exactly the same way for me:

41106545.jpg

Can't say i don't like it though :) And another bug i noticed, iTunes after start looks completely transparent, only search input is visible. :unsure:

It's the same sh*t, it works with both...

Good job on Glass 8.5, it works for me. That version is Glass perfection, almost. There is one problem that was occured since true taskbar transparency was enabled (version 7), the secondary monitor's taskbar is not affected.

post-373381-0-06149600-1366234281_thumb.

Edited by WindowsOS

On beta 0.8, I can only get the blur to work if I set the feature level to directx 9.3 in AGTweaker. Any reason for this?

Also, window transparency works on my second monitor, but not for the taskbar.

Good job on Glass 8.5, it works for me. There is one problem that was unfixed since true taskbar transparency was enabled (version 7), the secondary monitor's taskbar is not affected.

Yeah, just going to react to this. I'm not sure how the secondary taskbar works. Does explorer creates one control which is extended over both monitors or does it create two controls? Could you try WinID application and get information about both taskbars?

Does explorer creates one control which is extended over both monitors or does it create two controls? Could you try WinID application and get information about both taskbars?

Taskbar 1 : http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1621/taskbar1.png

Taskbar 2 : http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5879/taskbar2.png

It seems to be two different controls.

For me v0.8 didn't work, even if I had changed debug files; as I see I have some wrong dll files -just full transparency and no blur, or no transparency. With AGTweaker and dx9.3 blur works, but first window has no transparency, also I can't change blur. In the v0.7 and D2D it works, but when I changed any settings in Windows, taskbar becomes fully transparent - windows were still blured and coloured. It may be caused by using stardock Start8 I think. Applying settings in AGTweaker makes it working until next turning on the PC (I know AGT isn't yours but otherway if I change any windows setting I have to restart the PC to make your program work as it should. If you want I can attach my crash list. By the way - do You plan adding shadows? Win7 Aero has it.

Anyway great work!

Edited by Rumcayz