Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I've always thought any of the theme modifiers do that. A good way to check is to ask the question: Does the system fail an SFC /VERIFYONLY check?

-Noel

Oh I forgot I can do that. :) I use that command for fixing thing but forgot it can verify files too.

I had some owndership errors apparently but no mention of UXTheme dlls in the log file. I guess it really does leave system files unmodded! :D

Also tried to run that command and it found some violations to system integrity, but as I applied some other tweaks that probably involve system files modification it may not be caused by uxStyle

Edited by ORelio

But if UXTheme doesn't modify system files, then why does it sometimes cause the computer to fail to boot?

I'm not sure. Before, I used a version that did mod files. It was a true hack. I thought UXStyle was just a gui for placing/modding dll files, but now, I don't think the UXStyle mods files like I thought it did. Installation did not ask to access admin privileges and the log file for SFC did not indicate the normally required dll files were changed.

(Yes I'm pretty embarrassed I misjudged that for so long - I had problems with the modded files, but since this does not mod files, I do not see it being a problem again).

Hey bigmuscle, is there an easy way for you to left-align text on windows title bar? If so, I would be interested if you could add a setting for that. Thanks for your consideration. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this as well. Would be nice to have that as an option.

Like this?

titlebarlefttext.png

:rolleyes:

What theme are you using, exactly?

yavordh: this is beyond the scope of DWM itself. If application (explorer in this case) calls DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea then it could work. It could work even if you call it remotely but it is not work for DWM.

To the others: Please, I'm asking you again, stay on-topic and don't discuss any theme-related things here. Make a separate topic for it but not here, it makes difficult to track any possible bug reports or questions which are related to this project.

One of the things I DO like about Windows 8 is when MS went to the "Centered" text, which gives a much more symertical and balanced look to the top header, besides if We are going to do everything like Windows 7 then why use Windows 8 ..

Hey bigmuscle, is there an easy way for you to left-align text on windows title bar? If so, I would be interested if you could add a setting for that. Thanks for your consideration. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this as well. Would be nice to have that as an option.

Like this?

titlebarlefttext.png

:rolleyes:

What theme are you using, exactly?

i get it often - it seems random but far too often - its been commented on before but as far as i know Bigmuscle has never answered - its a pain - i have said - ok when the pc boots show it - after that imo its an intrusion - yes its beta software but what other beta do you know that does that - the thought is that the program will become shareware at some cost and that Bigmuscle does not want a nearly finished version out there without this

i suffer it - i like the effect it gives and will be happy to pay a reasonable cost for it when complete but this is taking it too far over time

maybe Bigmuscle would make a comment

It happened to me too. I was playing game at fullscreen and it kicked me back to desktop with this message and the game crashed, because it hates Alt+Tabbing so I had to get rid of it until bigmuscle removes it already. I can't test it like that.

To the others: Please, I'm asking you again, stay on-topic and don't discuss any theme-related things here. Make a separate topic for it but not here, it makes difficult to track any possible bug reports or questions which are related to this project.

I can appreciate the motivation behind your request, but isn't it obvious that the glass effect has to couple with a good theme in order for people to enjoy its benefit? Everyone wants a complete solution to the abomination that is the Windows 8 desktop.

I suggest you start embracing the idea that you'll want to provide (as much as you can) the elements of an attractive theme with this product.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC