Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

I guess that the position can be found in vertex buffer and thus it can be easily changed. The main problem is that it will absolute screen position (and not window position) thus it can be more complicated to compute the correct position relative to the window (you don't know the window position/size when text is being rendered etc.). I am not sure whether the final absolute position is computed by DWM or by some other component (themeui for example).

OK so that's not as easy to do as I thought... Never mind, thanks anyway for having considered the suggestion :)

Hey bigmuscle, is there an easy way for you to left-align text on windows title bar? If so, I would be interested if you could add a setting for that. Thanks for your consideration. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this as well. Would be nice to have that as an option.

Like this?

titlebarlefttext.png

:rolleyes:

P.S., Here's my updated PNG file:

Thats a very good shadow! I hope you don't mind, but I applied the button colour changes and transparency I liked to that theme. Here is the result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9os68uz6kmqj9rx/Capture9.PNG?m

It had a ruby coloured look on a darker background:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14stgj143lp7phc/Capture.PNG

(I wont share the theme png without your permission since it is more yours than mine even after that edit)

RP theme is the best with dwmglass.

Thanks. I dont have the RP theme tho (no png or .theme/resources). I imagine it needs UXTheme? From what I can tell, its like a combination of AeroLite and Aero themes. But if it works without UXTheme, I'll definitely find it. (and am searching for it after this post ;) ). I suppose that since it is from a version of Windows 8, then its possible it might work without hacks.

{edit} ahuh, thats cool. No need for edits I think. :)

{Edit} Ok I added the RP theme. But I am not seeing how it is different to the AeroLite Theme... So I gues it needs UXTheme afterall :D

{Edit} Tried a different download and now it works :) Its quite nice! Except I guess I would need a new PNG to work out the resources - The glow is not enabled on the theme. EDIT Yes its on the theme but not as intense as I'd like. I'm gonna work out how to extract the png now :)

{Edit} Ok I have not quite worked out how to extract the resources for a theme from the .mui files but I will get there.

Interesting thing I am noticing about the windows RP theme - some people mentioned previously that certain applications like Explorer and Paint had no text glow (and I noticed this when I tried them also). Well in the Windows RP theme, those applications have perfect text glow, while other applications have a glow, but its very faint. Which leads me to believe that in the RP style sheet png image, it would should the correct location for the Explorer et al text glow. Although, the Windows 8 theme default style png provided by BigMuscle is a bit messed up when using the Windows RP theme.

Edited by drakenabarion

read the readme file!! You have to change the path in the .reg file and import the .reg file to your registry.

Step by step please?

See GUI link in my signature, it can install glass for you in an automated way.

P.S., Here's my updated PNG file:

Thats a very good shadow! I hope you don't mind, but I applied the button colour changes and transparency I liked to that theme. Here is the result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9os68uz6kmqj9rx/Capture9.PNG?m

It had a ruby coloured look on a darker background:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14stgj143lp7phc/Capture.PNG

(I wont share the theme png without your permission since it is more yours than mine even after that edit)

RP theme is the best with dwmglass.

Thanks. I dont have the RP theme tho (no png or .theme/resources). I imagine it needs UXTheme? From what I can tell, its like a combination of AeroLite and Aero themes. But if it works without UXTheme, I'll definitely find it. (and am searching for it after this post ;) ). I suppose that since it is from a version of Windows 8, then its possible it might work without hacks.

{edit} ahuh, thats cool. No need for edits I think. :)

{Edit} Ok I added the RP theme. But I am not seeing how it is different to the AeroLite Theme... So I gues it needs UXTheme afterall :D

{Edit} Tried a different download and now it works :) Its quite nice! Except I guess I would need a new PNG to work out the resources - The glow is not enabled on the theme. EDIT Yes its on the theme but not as intense as I'd like. I'm gonna work out how to extract the png now :)

{Edit} Ok I have not quite worked out how to extract the resources for a theme from the .mui files but I will get there.

Interesting thing I am noticing about the windows RP theme - some people mentioned previously that certain applications like Explorer and Paint had no text glow (and I noticed this when I tried them also). Well in the Windows RP theme, those applications have perfect text glow, while other applications have a glow, but its very faint. Which leads me to believe that in the RP style sheet png image, it would should the correct location for the Explorer et al text glow. Although, the Windows 8 theme default style png provided by BigMuscle is a bit messed up when using the Windows RP theme.

Since the default RP theme have some bugs I modified the default RTM theme and added the resources from RP, not all but most of them, and yes, you need a uxtheme patcher, I use Uxstyle because I don't want a modified dll. You can change the glow amount behind the text but you can't add glow in all windows, most of applications are not dependant by theme...

Since the default RP theme have some bugs I modified the default RTM theme and added the resources from RP, not all but most of them, and yes, you need a uxtheme patcher, I use Uxstyle because I don't want a modified dll. You can change the glow amount behind the text but you can't add glow in all windows, most of applications are not dependant by theme...

Are you certain that Uxstyle doesnt modify a dll? I mean I have problems with many windows updates due to modified dlls files when patching for theme support. Or do you just mean no more manual patching cause its an automated gui?

Hmmm, thats probably way too off topic but its a concern to me. :)

Are you certain that Uxstyle doesnt modify a dll? I mean I have problems with many windows updates due to modified dlls files when patching for theme support. Or do you just mean no more manual patching cause its an automated gui?

I've always thought any of the theme modifiers do that. A good way to check is to ask the question: Does the system fail an SFC /VERIFYONLY check?

-Noel