Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

For some reason, the Bets is not working for me. Th previews worked fine. For the beta, i edited the registry file, loaded it to the registry but the glass doesn't work.

I'm using Windows 8 x64.

Any idea why? Do i need to change some other registry value?

For some reason, the Bets is not working for me. Th previews worked fine. For the beta, i edited the registry file, loaded it to the registry but the glass doesn't work.

I'm using Windows 8 x64.

If you are trying it in D3D mode, try lowering the color intensity in Personalize (rgt click on desktop and Personalize ->Color)...worked for me that way.

I am going to report an error which i have taken to calling "Frosting", where an active window is slowly frosted over and turns white over the course of about 8 seconds.

Moving the window around results in psychodelic trails of whatever is behind the window frame.

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this? It only happens with some windows, not all. Notepad and VLC Media Player are the usual culprits.

Interestingly, if i attempt to print screen the effect to get a visual, the screenshot looks entirely normal, refusing to register the phenomenon.

I've been watching this for a while, and just tried the BETA 1 in a 64 bit VM, and it seems to work very nicely. Well done Mr Muscle.

Was getting tempted to try this on my main machine, but, I noticed that the registry already has something in the AppInit_DLLs value in the registry:

C:\PROGRA~2\NVIDIA~1\3DVISI~1\NVSTIN~1.DLL

It's the NVIDIA 3DVision DLL?

Does this mean that the reg file provided will overwrite that value, and not start another DLL which should start? Just thought I would check before I try it on my main machine.

Thanks.

I have been asking desperately... Is there a round corner theme for w8 or not? Someone please answer! :(

Here is a screenshot of a rounded corner theme (thanks to MrGRiM's Aero 8 Glow Theme) for Win8 (using AGTweakerGui to enable rounded frames)

You can download the custom themepack below (uncheck "download manager" option then click on "Download" button) biggrin.gif

http://www1.datafile....com/d/476c50e2

clownfishm.jpg

Please forgive me for being a bit of a stickler for subtle details...

While this beta nicely proves the concept that the task can be done, with a dark background there's still a pretty significant difference in usability between Windows 7 Aero Glass and the desktop as rendered by Aero Glass for Win8.

Consider the following:

AGOnWin8.png

AGOnWin7.png

The background glow is all the way up in the theme file, and I'm just not seeing any way to tweak Aero Glass for Win8 to make the title in the non-current window quite as readable as it is in Windows 7.

-Noel

I'm using Windows 8 x64.

If you are trying it in D3D mode, try lowering the color intensity in Personalize (rgt click on desktop and Personalize ->Color)...worked for me that way.

Tried that. and tried 2d mode as well. no luck

NoelC: Details are important at this phase. However, it was already written about inactive windows - either use better theme or play with ColorizationColorInactive and ColorizationColorBalanceInactive registry keys.

Please forgive me for being a bit of a stickler for subtle details...

While this beta nicely proves the concept that the task can be done, with a dark background there's still a pretty significant difference in usability between Windows 7 Aero Glass and the desktop as rendered by Aero Glass for Win8.

Consider the following:

AGOnWin8.png

AGOnWin7.png

The background glow is all the way up in the theme file, and I'm just not seeing any way to tweak Aero Glass for Win8 to make the title in the non-current window quite as readable as it is in Windows 7.

-Noel

If you are using a custom theme, you can modify it with wsb

Change OPACITY from 20 to 50 or what you want.

post-326484-0-46419700-1365609772_thumb.

Edited by Luke7