Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

i hope there is a 32-bit release for the next version :yes:

I will provide it as soon as possible, however I can't ensure that it will work (just because I have x64 systems only).

Thank's man... I'll be waiting for it :D

Applied these settings to Registry and Aero Glass is looking, and working better than ever. Hope if anyone tries them it works as good for you too.

not tried them yet so question may not be relevant - but would that not depend on what theme you are using

Applied these settings to Registry and Aero Glass is looking, and working better than ever. Hope if anyone tries them it works as good for you too.

not tried them yet so question may not be relevant - but would that not depend on what theme you are using

The theme is completely irrelevant. The Windows 7 theme posted is an exception, but it will work with all themes. Some themes block the window chrome, like the Windows XP royale theme, but themes that don't will all work with this. And the problem with the Windows 7 theme will be fixed.

I don't know if this will help at all, but it's worth a shot. I got transparency with this program called: TrueTransparency

With the picture provided you can see I got the aero theme on one window but explorer.exe stays the same.

I don't know if you can do anything with this bigmuscle but here is the link anyway: :D:thumbup

-Hydro

IM JUST TYRING TO HELP I DON"T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS

http://i.imgur.com/kFAdyhX.png

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.5139-truetransparency.html

Now the main things I want back from Win 7 are:

1) that sort of white glow behind the title text of windows, which makes it easy to read the title text despite transparency in Win 7

2) rounded corners for windows

3) shadow round edge of window

4) glowing buttons (close, minimise, maximise)

I understand these come from the theme rather than this program. Can anyone recommend a theme (with DL link if possible) that will bring these back?

Same here. Please let us know if such a theme exists.

Great work bigmuscle.

Thanks for the extra download links. Found nothing happened when I ran DWMLoader.exe, but then decided to put all the files in C:\DWM\ and it started fine - for some reason it wouldn't run from C:\Users\Me\Downloads

I had a problem with the scrollbar at the side of Internet Explorer being garbled black and white squares, but after signing out and signing back in again this has gone back to normal.

1) that sort of white glow behind the title text of windows, which makes it easy to read the title text despite transparency in Win 7

I understand these come from the theme rather than this program. Can anyone recommend a theme (with DL link if possible) that will bring these back?

Or, I was happy with the official Win 7 Landscapes theme that came installed with Win 7; is there any way to move this across to Win 8?

Thanks!

1 + 3 are related to the visual style, and you can get them simply by downloading a new one, and are unrelated to what bigmuscle is doing. The landscapes theme is also just a theme you can copy over from Windows 7, no fuss. Colors, wallpapers, everything. I've been pretty surprised about the number of people requesting rounded corners. Personally I always hated them :). The moment I found a theme that squared away all the UI elements in Windows 7 I was so happy. To each his own, I suppose.

Great work bigmuscle.

Thanks for the extra download links. Found nothing happened when I ran DWMLoader.exe, but then decided to put all the files in C:\DWM\ and it started fine - for some reason it wouldn't run from C:\Users\Me\Downloads

I had a problem with the scrollbar at the side of Internet Explorer being garbled black and white squares, but after signing out and signing back in again this has gone back to normal.

Or, I was happy with the official Win 7 Landscapes theme that came installed with Win 7; is there any way to move this across to Win 8?

Thanks!

1 + 3 are related to the visual style, and you can get them simply by downloading a new one, and are unrelated to what bigmuscle is doing. The landscapes theme is also just a theme you can copy over from Windows 7, no fuss. Colors, wallpapers, everything. I've been pretty surprised about the number of people requesting rounded corners. Personally I always hated them :). The moment I found a theme that squared away all the UI elements in Windows 7 I was so happy. To each his own, I suppose.

It turns out that glowing caption buttons are also from the visual style since someone else on this thread was able to do it.