Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

give more details - which files did you use the origin 0.4 files or with the 2 modified ones - what were your other registry settings - can you post a reg file for dwn

off to try again

Read the posts dude

Please, could you test this version http://leteckaposta.cz/327417155 ? I need to verify whether the problem is what I think.

P.S. This version just a private debug build with some unfinished stuff so it can freeze on startup. If it happens, just try again ;-)

thanks for the help - we may not all have your insight - i certainly dont -

so humour me - are you adding those 2 files to version 0.3 or 0.4 - from there i understand - i believe i have tried every combination but may not have done

EDIT

i believe i have tried all combinations - i have added the reg key and i do not see aero - happy to be told i am doing it wrong but at this moment cannot see how

Edited by adacom

so humour me - are you adding those 2 files to version 0.3 or 0.4 - from there i understand - i believe i have tried every combination but may not have done

Use those files with 0.4 and that registry entry.

Use those files with 0.4 and that registry entry.

thanks - have just edited post above and for me it does not work - again point me in the right direction - there are more reg entry files from 0.3 - should those remain or be deleted - all stupid questions maybe but this is new to me

my dwn reg entry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"Composition"=dword:00000001

"GlassTransparency"=dword:0000005a

"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000023

"DisableDebugLog"=dword:00000001

"IsOnStartup"=dword:00000001

"DeviceFeatureLevel"=dword:00009300

Could you try setting DeviceFeatureLevel to 0x9300 ?

win8aerodbgu.jpg

It works. :rolleyes:

But please give me some answers about the lag, win 7 aero runs fine with GPU desktop clock profile... After closing the loader the windows are still laggy :blink:

Because this isn't the native implementation, and is probably slightly less efficient because he has to use workarounds to achieve a similar result. Relax and give him some time to get it to beta stage before you start complaining. You should be grateful that the person doing all the (extremely difficult) work got it to work at all ;)

Could you try setting DeviceFeatureLevel to 0x9300 ?

win8aerodbgu.jpg

It works. :rolleyes:

But please give me some answers about the lag, win 7 aero runs fine with GPU desktop clock profile... After closing the loader the windows are still laggy :blink:

Because this isn't the native implementation, and is probably slightly less efficient because he has to use workarounds to achieve a similar result. Relax and give him some time to get it to beta stage before you start complaining. You should be grateful that the person doing all the (extremely difficult) work got it to work at all ;)

I agree 100%. If it wasn't for bigmuscle we would still be crying over how we miss aero!

Adding that registry key and value does not work for me. Everything opaque.

you could try also different values - e.g. 0x9100 or 0x9200.

yes works

2dedfc9cbb6b6f13d12044e6f963b9ac.jpeg

0x9100 or 0x9200 or 0x9300 works

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"Composition"=dword:00000001
"GlassTransparency"=dword:0000002e
"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000018

DeviceFeatureLevel

I added this:

and now it works.

-----edit-----

Yes it works but there is considerable amount of lag when minimizing windows.

Edited by kyolic