Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

bigmuscle

Hello, ORelio your GUI doesn't work for me, I've extracted it inside C:\DWM\ but it gives me many errors related to .Net Framework I guess?

It tries to copy itself in this folder when you enable the "Start with Windows" setting. But since you already placed it there, it cant make the file copy and you get an error. I'll fix that, thanks.

It stops working if it cannot find the required DLLs, try to copy the two DLL files that come with AGTweaker in C:\DWM\ and it should work as expected. I'll fix that too in the next GUI version, thanks.

Edited by ORelio

Therefore, there is no "wrong" in this situation. He merely expressed himself in a certain way and I interpreted his word in certain way. It was mutual miscommunication and hence we both apologised and cleared up our misunderstandings. Frankly I believe your little quip at the end about language going downhill to be a bit condescending but that is merely my interpretation of your statement. I'm sure you did not mean to be condescending or at least I hope so.

I partly agree with your view there. It would have convinced me completely were it not for the fact that very fluent or native English speakers can deduct from the use of the language whether someone one is a native or fluent speaker (and thus adjust the way they react). Couple that with the fact that 'approve' was in fact not a miscommunication on his part (it is a valid use) but more so a misunderstanding on your part, and the scale tips a bit out of your favor. But I am always glad when things 'clear up' between people. In that spirit, I have to bow my head a bit and admit there was a seed of condescension in my words to you, of which I am not proud and would like to apologize. Hopefully we will all be 'clear' now ;)

Edited by trala

... Sorry for having caused such a debate.

Apart from that, I updated the GUI to ver. 1.0.1.

Changes:

- Fixed the two bugs described above

- Fully commented the code and sorted it in different source files

- Added a command-line usage, see the commands available below

Available commands:

> AGTWeaker -opacity [0-255] : Set the opacity value, default = 175.

> AGTWeaker -blur [0-255] : Set the blur value, default = 30.

> AGTWeaker -enable : Enable Aero loading on Windows startup.

> AGTWeaker -disable : Disable Aero loading on Windows startup.

> AGTWeaker -startup : Start or reload the Aero Glass effect.

Download link : AGTweaker-1.0.1.zip

Get the Sources : AGTweaker-1.0.1-Sources.zip

Sources are released under the CCDL license. (why ?)

Edited by ORelio

It looks very nice and works on my German Windows 8 x64 very well, thanks!

However, there is something with my iTunes: The interface is no more available in this program, so I can't do anything without my media controls on the keyboard.

Can anyone look for a fix? If you need a debug log or anything else, I can attach it. ;)

Hi guys, just registered to this forum for this new great project. It looks beautiful but the windows are laggy and the fps drop in games. Just updated to latest nvidia beta driver and I have the same issue. Any ideas? Thank you.

Asus G75VW

CPU: Intel i7-3610QM

RAM: 12 GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia GTX 670M

Hi guys, just registered to this forum for this new great project. It looks beautiful but the windows are laggy and the fps drop in games. Just updated to latest nvidia beta driver and I have the same issue. Any ideas? Thank you.

Asus G75VW

CPU: Intel i7-3610QM

RAM: 12 GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia GTX 670M

I can't speak with certainty, but I would imagine you'd see the big drop since the windows are all switched to layered windows with 254/255 alpha, which means on top of all of your rendering, you need to do a fullscreen alpha blend composition of the desktop, which can be expensive, especially if the GPU is already taxed. Can you check to see if you get a similar framerate drop with using WinAeroGlass? If not, it could also be related to the memory leak someone posted earlier.

It looks very nice and works on my German Windows 8 x64 very well, thanks!

However, there is something with my iTunes: The interface is no more available in this program, so I can't do anything without my media controls on the keyboard.

Can anyone look for a fix? If you need a debug log or anything else, I can attach it. ;)

This has been reported before. Not sure if the creator will fix it but he needs help. Unfortunately I haven't the skills. sad.gif