What About ReAct OS?

Tamimctg

Hello friends..Can Someone help me by giving info about React OS? I want info from user who have real experience in it or somehow familiar...i basically want to use it as a alternative to windows PE Cause they provide Live Cd which is too Small in size...about 40mb. I think it wil boot first. They Said they Are fully compatiable with windows..i want to know is it realy ???

They Said they Are fully compatiable with windows..i want to know is it realy ???

Who are "they"?

The actual good React-OS guys said that the scope is to become fully compatible (some day).

Right now even NTFS support is missing :(.

jaclaz

The project has been around sine 1998 in various forms, and given the hobby nature of development I wouldn't expect it to do much more than boot. If any of the items on the following list (fairly extensive) are important to you or apps you may want to run, I'd recommend just sticking with Windows instead:

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Missing_ReactOS_Functionality

• 3 months later...

Some of their utilities are neat. They have ctm, a console-mode task mamager, and the freedos command.com (cmd.exe) and edit.com (edit.exe) recompiled to Winnt. You can get things like the device manager and user manager to function without all that other MS legacy attached to it.