Help with Autounattend with Serva PXE Boot

I use SERVA, which allows me to host the windows 8 files on my network (desktop), where it creates a "mock server." I am able to install windows 8 w/o any media on my laptop/other computers no problem with all the normal prompts through my network.

What I'd like to do is make it all automated - which has turned out be more difficult than I though. I have already created my autounattend file and have tested in a VM and it works for what I need. However, after my laptop loads the serva/pxe configuration and I select windows 8 to install, it defaults the to the normal installation prompts. I have moved the xml file around and within the serva (which has the win 8 files) folders and I cannot get it to read it. I know that serva is based off of Linux and it does read a cfg file, but I don't know what to edit/do or if it is even possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You can try making a copy of the boot.wim that you added into your share. Mount it with DISM and put the AUTOUNATTEND.XML into the root of the mount point. Then commit the changes and try again. From what I am reading, Serva does not have the advanced functions of WDS, such as being able to attach an answer file to a boot image. You can try emailing the software's author to see if there is a way to do it without modifying your boot image.

http://www.vercot.com/~serva/contact.html

• 2 weeks later...