modified KB888111 driver for xp sp3

samuk

Dear All

Thanks for joining this wonderful forum my Asus Eee pc 900 had linux. i have removed and installed xp sp3 all are working fine but

no audio working.

I have noticed you have got the KB888111 driver Please help me to re activate my Asus.

Thank you,

Kind regds,

Samuk

I did download the Asus audio driver but problem downloading KB888111

No there is no XP SP3 KB88811, because it's integrated in XP SP3 already.

Do NOT download XP SP3 KB88811.

Install the audio driver.

Dear all

Thannks a million for your advice. I did download Asus audio drivers and my computer start talking again

Thanks again

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kind Regds,

Samuk :whistle:

• 1 year later...

The fix is already in SP3!

actually the KB888111 fix is partially included in XP SP3.  Only the hdaudbus.sys (HD Audio Bus Controller) file is there BUT the  all important hdaudio.sys (generic HD Audio driver) file is not there in SP3.

I did download the Asus audio driver but problem downloading KB888111

No there is no XP SP3 KB88811, because it's integrated in XP SP3 already.

Do NOT download XP SP3 KB88811.

Install the audio driver.

only the hdaudbus.sys file from KB888111 was integrated in XP SP3 but not the hdaudio.sys file, cdob.  I know this because I have a full WinXP SP3 CD that didn't have the full HDA in the SP3 driver database.  And I even downloaded the full XP SP3 network install package and only the hdaudbus.sys file was there [yup, blame Microsoft for only including hdaudbus.sys and not hdaudio.sys in SP3].

There is a way to install KB888111 on SP3 but do so at your own risk.  And even if an XP user does succeed in installing KB888111 on SP3, one still has to install the proper HD audio driver afterwards (like Realtek, Sigmatel/IDT, ADI/Soundmax, Conexant or VIA).  XP users using Realtek HD audio should just install those drivers directly and not bother installing KB888111.  The old & new Realtek HD audio driver packages for XP should install correctly, even on XP SP3. 

Edited by erpdude8