I cannot repair Explorer 6 sp1 "error DllRegisterServer"

FuNkiTo

Hi everybody!

Running W2000 sp4 here! I'm used to rapair my Internet Explorer 6 sp1 every 2 months. Unfortunatly now I can't. I get the following message:

nybiwp.jpg

I have already downloaded and installed it, no problems. I try to repair and it's not possible. I have installed Service PAck 4 again, even Java and Direct X. I have downgraded (is that the correct word?) to Explorer 5 then updated to 6 again, and cannot repair!

I must confess I run Regseeker yesterday and maybe deleted too many items. My computer is working perfectly, but I'd like to know why this error happens!!

Thanks so much.

Oh, I also have tried regsvr32 name.dll and doesn't work.

Edited by FuNkiTo

I have copied those files from dllcache folder, tried to register and got this error:

2mg88bs.jpg

Looking for information about these files, it's all about Direct X. Even reinstalling Direct X 9c and Net Framework 2 , IE6 reparation it's not working.

I'm getting mad!! Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have copied those files from dllcache folder, tried to register and got this error:

2mg88bs.jpg

Looking for information about these files, it's all about Direct X. Even reinstalling Direct X 9c and Net Framework 2 , IE6 reparation it's not working.

I'm getting mad!! Thanks for your help!

try to following command from command prompt.

cd %systemroot%\system32

for %i in (*.DLL) do regsvr32 /s %i

for %i in (*.OCX) do regsvr32 /s %i