ping and reply network problem

labist

Dear all I have a problem in my Computers network. We have more than hundered computers

in our network. When I ping from my computer to other computers that are on the same switch. Does not

show any problem. But when I ping to the computers that are on the switched which are not directly connected to the same

switch but are on the other swtiches. Ping replys some times and some times it gives request timeout as shown in the

following picture.

erxwzb.jpg

But As i copy something from that computers that are on the other switches continuous reply recieves without request timeout

as shown below. Please help me to resolve this issue.

24l50f8.jpg

Note: There is no error when accessing computers with \\servername\sharename. Problem is with

ping and reply.

What is the probability that these computers on the network have a mix of 10/100 and gigabit NICs? How about your servers? Are all your switches the same brand or are those mixed up too? If you have a mix of different NIC speed capabilities on your network, I would recommend that your company use switches that support Link Aggregation.

How would link aggregation help?

If you have managed switches then you could look at the error rates, otherwise I'd try to isolate which switches / host nics / cables are involved, and try replacing them.

How would link aggregation help?

If you have managed switches then you could look at the error rates, otherwise I'd try to isolate which switches / host nics / cables are involved, and try replacing them.

Dumb switches can end up dropping the network to the slowest link speed in some situations. I ran into it personally, that's why I recommend it if there is a lot of data and a mix interface environment.