Some Question on windows 7 registry hive in windows/System32/config

Tamimctg

Ok frns, i Am Trying To make A CUSTOME winPE3 CD With explorer.now i need Some Registry of windows7. SO i decided To get Them from windows7 image. But How can i Get Them??? I have no windows7 Installed.....i know A Process Of Load hive in Regedit but I m So confused! Because i can mount reg hive in just HKLM OR HKCC, so how can i get Key of Other reg hive??? As example, how can i get key of HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

Not sure what you are looking for. If you are asking if there are ways to grab the files from %SystemRoot%\System32\Config the answer is yes. But that is not what you want, you can't use someone else's registry hives because they are specific to a machine ( HKLM ) and/or a user ( HKU ).

Begin here ...

Wikipedia :: WinPE

Wikipedia :: WAIK :: Windows Automated Installation Kit

Technet :: Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7

Download Center :: The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7

Hey i just want To Convert The hive file To reg file. But Little bit confused about where To mount them cause regedit wil allow u To mount them in just 2 hive 1 is hkey local machine Another is HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. So how can i grab Them?

Hey i just want To Convert The hive file To reg file. But Little bit confused about where To mount them cause regedit wil allow u To mount them in just 2 hive 1 is hkey local machine Another is HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. So how can i grab Them?

I am still confused because I thought you said you had no registry to use ...

Ok frns, i Am Trying To make A CUSTOME winPE3 CD With explorer.now i need Some Registry of windows7. SO i decided To get Them from windows7 image. But How can i Get Them??? I have no windows7 Installed.....i know A Process Of Load hive in Regedit but I m So confused! Because i can mount reg hive in just HKLM OR HKCC, so how can i get Key of Other reg hive??? As example, how can i get key of HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

So you want to take the hives from an image and export them to a REG text file, correct?

When you have access to a registry hive file, you can use a 3rd party tool called RegDat ( Win9x ) and RegDatXP ( NT ) to open any hive file individually and then process it, including exporting it out to a standard REG file. Last August I located several copies of RegDat and described it here.

Please note that registry hives from any computer are crafted to that specific machine and users. Depending on what your "Windows7 image" is an image of will determine if those hives are useful or useless.

EDIT: typo

Edited by CharlotteTheHarlot