Looking for Office 2000 SP1

peter777

Yes, I did search the forum, quite a lot, and I also searched Google. As the Topic Description stated "O2KSP1.EXE", that was the file I was looking for. (That has now been correctted by a Moderator)

Now I realise that was the wrong file, and have been able to download O2KSR1aDl.exe , plus HashMyFiles, so will use the details from this post , to check the file.

Thanks for your replies, :)

EDIT1 - Is this file for standalone computers (i.e not for admin install points on a server).

Peter

Edited by peter777

First Sir Peter, go back to this thread and read my reply to your totally unnecessary post (could have been put in your post above).

Second, read this and this and this and this and this.

THIS also has some info in regards to updating O2K that's already installed. Note that there are POST-SP3 Updates as well (see this, you know - the one you "don't trust and want Hashes").

You should REALLY check your CD to see if it already HAS SR1 (yes, they do exist).

Please stick to this topic for further assistance. I HATE skipping around!!!

Edited by submix8c

I want you to bear in mind that Patches will be applied to ONLY those items selected during Offive2000 Install. If you selected EVERYTHING ("Custom), it will ALL be up-to-date. AFAICR, if you ADD another item ("Add/Remove Programs" then "Change" then during O2K Change, you select "Custom"), you MAY have to rerun the Updates. Just look ate the ".log" files you SHOULD find for each Update you apply. It should tell you what it did/didn't apply. (I believe they should be in you TEMP folder within your "Documents And Settings/YourUserProfile/Local Settings" folder.)

HTH... (and STAY in this Topic if any problems/concerns, please...)

Edited by submix8c

Yes, I did select everything and 'custom' during the Office 2000 install. I will keep an eye on those log files, thanks.

STAY in this Topic if any problems/concerns, please

Okay, although I have questions about the Office 2000 patches after SP3. Shouldn't I post to the thread for that now ?

Edited by peter777

NO!!!

Your posts will be what's called "off-topic" since THAT OTHER topic was specifically about getting a LIST.

First post in that topic asked

Does anyone have a list, or a link to a site that shows what updates and patches were released after SP3?
Get my drift?

You have already said you have installed at least one Update in THIS topic, so let's not cause disjointed conversations. Stay here...

Edited by submix8c

I have installed Office 2000 SP1 (topic of this thread), and also installed Office 2000 SP3. Have now downloaded the Office 2000 patches after SP3 from Dropbox, which was uploaded by xpclient, see post #15

I need to know what order to run the ".cmd" files, which seem to all be ..

@echo off
echo on
time /t
for %%U in (*.exe) DO %%U /Q
for %%U in (*.msp) DO %%U /qb /passive /norestart
time /t
rundll32 user32.dll,MessageBeep
Pause
@echo off

There are also various sub folders, which have no ".cmd" files, just .EXE's. Should it all be 'installed' as such, and in what order ?

Peter