PE 2.x Image building - Info needed

robinmke

I have a project where I need to use Ghost and WinPE to automate the Ghosting process with a simple Menu.

I've seen the posts regarding the use of .HTA and scripting but I have yet to find any documentation as to where to put these files and what I have to do to modify the WinPE 2.1 that is supplied with Ghost Suite v2.5.

I've been looking for documentation regarding how to use scripting in WinPE but so far not luck, the searches usually point me to the WIAK regarding the building of a WIinPE boot disk but nothing on how to use .HTA or scripting.

If you can point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

.... It's great that software development advances a quickly as it does now a days, but regrettably, in most cases while the software is up to v3, the documentation is still at v0.5 :unsure:

Thanks again

Rob in Milwaukee

I've seen the posts regarding the use of .HTA and scripting but I have yet to find any documentation as to where to put these files and what I have to do to modify the WinPE 2.1 that is supplied with Ghost Suite v2.5.

Which posts?

This thread?

Why Winpe 2.x? (2.x means "Vista based")

I don't think that you can easily "re-use" an already built PE, you should build your own one.

What particular thing do you not understand/find missing?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Thanks for the Link, it was very helpful. Between that link and Quite a bit of the info I found on this forum, I was able to piece together a procedure from beginnig to end of how to create a WinPE v2.1 boot image/.ISO.

thanks agian

Rob in Milwaukee :hello: