Chrome msi

I'm building an unattended XP x32 install cd and have most of it completed using the latest version of nlite as of 12/2012. I'd like to have Google Chrome installed as well, so when I reboot the system for use, it's there. I do have an msi package and *think* I can utilize the "runonce" section within nlite to perform this silent install.

1) am I on the right track?

2) are there swiches for that specific msi to say no desktop icon, but create a quick launch and start menu icon?

3) can you help with the specific command line I'd need to add?

If I'm making this harder than it is, please let me know. I've googled and searched this site but haven't found too much in answering my specific question.

Edited by NJVic

Welcome to this great forum!

Just to let you know there are Chrome addon around, you can give it a try although I have not tried it.

Maybe there are specific switch supported by this msi, but I don't know. Alternatively you might have to repack & use batch script to delete shortcuts

Cheers

edit: Or maybe Google Chrome Portable?

Edited by Geej

Welcome to this great forum!

Just to let you know there are Chrome addon around, you can give it a try although I have not tried it.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. :) I was actually on this forum many many years ago. I have been searching all over the place using various phrases and not once did I get that page. I'm going to try that and see how it works out. I really appreciate that link. Thank you.

If you do some searching, you will find that using a standalone installer will install Chrome, but you will lose the ability of automatic update, meaning you will have to download and manually install every new version. If you don't have a problem with that, then by all means, proceed.welcome.gif

Cheers