NT4 Visual Update for Win 2k?

tglasgow

I was just wondering if there was a similar project to NT4 Visual Update for Windows 2000. Thanks :)

I dont' get it. :unsure:

What is actually your goal?

I mean "update" WHICH system to WHICH other system visual looks?

jaclaz

I was just wondering if there was a similar project to NT4 Visual Update for Windows 2000. Thanks :)

I dont' get it. :unsure:

What is actually your goal?

I mean "update" WHICH system to WHICH other system visual looks?

jaclaz

*doh* Sorry for the confusion!

NT4 Visual Update uses resources from XP and Vista, so I was wondering if there was a program that did the same for Windows 2000.

Basically, a Vista style look for Windows 2000.

I seem to remember that older versions of Vista transformation pack did support Windows 2000 :unsure: .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vista_Transformation_Pack

The actual reason why one would want to add some overhead to a clean, working system/UI to imitate an uglier, less efficient one, totally escapes me, though. :ph34r:

jaclaz

I actually prefer the Windows 2000 UI. This isn't for me, though. This is for someone else's PC that I maintain.

If I can get my Win2k kernel32 rewrite fully working it should become a lot easier since we'll be able to add bona-fide XP SxS support. It's almost booting, but it gets stuck somewhere when services.exe starts up--no exceptions, BSOD's, or freezing, it just sits there and keeps retrying to register device callbacks. I'm slowly crawling through the code to look for bugs. I might be asking for some community help soon if I can't find the problem.