Lagging with latest Chrome version

Tommy

On my Windows 2000 machine, I have the latest version of Google Chrome installed. However, it seems to lag now for some reason. You type in where you want to go, press enter or click if it show up in the menu, then it just does nothing. It acts like it is thinking about it, but it doesn't do anything. Usually I have to open a new tab and try again. This is getting extremely annoying now since it does it quite often. Iron does the same thing. There is no difference.

It must be something else to cause such a behaviour (maybe antivirus or firewall software?). I've got both Chrome and Iron here updated to the newest stable versions and I've experienced no problems.

Edited by tomasz86

There's really nothing different about my system as it has ever been. Just Windows Defender and AVG 9 like I've been using for years. I haven't had this problem until maybe about a month ago.

Update: I'm still having issues here, but I left it long enough and it came up with the kill page since it was taking too long to respond or something wasn't responding and it asked if I wanted to wait or kill the page. Any suggestions because this is very very annoying.