nLite dead end

HarryZ

You´re very right, did replace the driver for the 32 bits one. But the problem remains that windows-install cannot find a harddisk. As I said it does not list sata in the mainsector of the bios (primary-secondary) because the bios autodetects IDE only. But the SSD does appear in the bootsector of the bios with it's denomination Samsung 830. When starting up the bios info comes by with the list : 0 primary Samsung 830 .

You´re very right, did replace the driver for the 32 bits one. But the problem remains that windows-install cannot find a harddisk.
Why did you integrate the NVIDIA nForce SATARAID drivers? These drivers will only be able to detect HDDs/SSDs, which are running in "RAID" mode.

If you have an nForce chipset mainboard, please give us more informations:

1. What sort of nForce chipset has your system?

2. Is your SSD connected with an nForce SATA Controller at all?

3. Which SATA mode (IDE/AHCI/RAID) did you choose within the BIOS?

Edited by Fernando 1

That's a ULI M1573 chipset. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5RD1VM/#specifications

Does match HardwareId "PCI\VEN_10b9&DEV_5287" ?

If your ULI SATA Controller is running in "IDE" mode, you will be able to get Windows XP SP3 installed without loading or integrating any SATA driver.

If the ULI SATA Controller should be set to "RAID" mode, you will succeed with the XP installation after having integrated >this< 32bit ULI SATARAID driver as TEXTMODE driver.

SSD is connected to the first (red) sataconnection on the motherboard. That's why it appears in the bootdevicelist of the bios. I have integrated 32 bit ULI SATAdriver as textmode. I don`t have, as mentioned before, the option in bios for AHCI or RAID. Only on page advanced in bios SATA enabled or disabled.

I have integrated 32 bit ULI SATAdriver as textmode.
And did you succeed with the XP installation by booting of this XP image with integrated ULI SATARAID driver?
I don`t have, as mentioned before, the option in bios for AHCI or RAID. Only on page advanced in bios SATA enabled or disabled
The option should be "Enabled", if you want to get the OS installed onto a SATA HDD or SSD.

Yes!! Thanks everybody for the help! Windows installed on SSD. The problem was indeed the right driver. Downloaded the m5287 and it began. Only thing is, it does'nt seem to be a happy marriage between XP and SSD. The Samsung SSD software Magician cannot tune it`s own device and the tweaks I read about (TRIM on, defragmentation off etc.) seem to be no option in XP....