HOSTS file modification

CodeMe

@CodeMe

A simpler alternative workaround is just to provide instruction to your user to manual check the hosts (file) setting.

Ask user to copy and paste the below code in Start-->Run box and press enter to open hosts (file) in notepad.

notepad %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Ask user to manual disable the 3 sites (if exists) by inserting # at the begining of the line. (since # is use for comment)

@ Geej

That would be a really Great idea & cool mate.. but i have people from all around the world & to translate it all into every langue's would be almost impossible.

But i thank you :)

@bphlpt

He then went above and beyond when, at your request, he tried to put it in "layman's terms" and gave you even simpler examples to practice with:

I totally agree with you on this.. But you lot may get it, i do to a point. this is a hard way for me to learn & so dam embarrassing.

I would of thought with all the times i came back that i was struggling with this, but i guess no one gathered that.

i meant no disrespect & it's simply frustration with being Dyslexic & not being able to get my point across,

i guess no one picked up on that also lol... like i said were all wired in our own Unique way & some get things better that other's. i guess i don't.

thank you anyway for your reply..

@Yzöwl

If you want a specific solution to 'learn from' then provide a specific question!

(I can only provide a solution if you can provide me an exact character by character copy of the entries you need to modify/delete)

The three lines you've provided us with are already commented out meaning that they are not read when the file is parsed and therefore do not need deleting!

Are you suggesting that another game developer has written HOSTS entries which effectively block your domain!

Yes were hmm Game hackers we make hacks to use with online games & we are in competition with each other.

so Darkteam & GZM & Zerocool all add there own little tricks

so if an end user use's one of there hacks & then use's mine hack, they get an Error message saying CONNOT CONNECT TO REMOTE SERVER

so we have to explain that people have to delete our domain from there host file then restart our hack, then they connect

i mean if there was a way to Add a file saying or names " host.allow " is that an option ? i mean if people were to add a pre-made host would this work.

I'll not be expecting much help to be honest lol not now i have mentioned we make hacks.

this is why its been soo dam frustrating for me. i'm able to make hacks but when it come's to a simple bloody host file. i just can not get my head round it or sort it

to stop other hackers adding a block to our domain. so our end user can not use our hacks unless we teach them how to edit there host

& to teach & explain this to all people around the world in so many langue's is something i just do not have time to do.

i have to concentrate on my new release..

anyway to everyone i do thank you all & wish you all the best for Xmas... all the best people :)