XPSF2 slipstreamed with SP3 is greater than 700M

chl2012

As your web test showed, the ipaddress is indeed incorrect. Yes I have a modem, router, hub, wireless router, some software to stop obvious intruders ... BUT SO WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH nLite. You proved I am happy the ipaddress is incorrect, as shown by your published test.

You must have pulled the "one with the _u" because I never saw it, and don't see it now in any of your posts above. It has been so long since I used nLite that I totally forgot about the _u file, and since that wasn't the one you were asked for... You have always only been asked for Last Sessions.ini, and that one, which you attached to post #58, is the one that finally shows the updates etc that you added in that last run of nLite.

There was no "come on" that you fell for. The ipaddress is not unique to you in any way, so it is not, in my opinion, considered your personal info. It is the default address used to access your router, and it is probably the same address used for at least 25% of our members, and we currently have 103,313 of them.

The Last Sessions.ini does not contain any personal identification info, unless you are referring to your name since you used your desktop as your nLite building area. That's not a direct result of Last Session.ini, but rather an indirect result of where you ran it. And I guess you were referring to that since you asked "how many casual members names are broadcast to all casual readers of this Forum?" Sorry I didn't warn you about doing that. For many new users who come to the forum for questions, if we insisted that they read, and agree that they understand, a full list of every possible warning that we can possibly think of before we begin offering them advice, I would guess that many if not most would either a) say sure they read the warnings when they really didn't (like most do for EULA statements), or b ) say forget it it's not worth the trouble, or c) fall victim to something we forgot to warn them about. (Sorry, but we're not perfect.) And, as you say, you learn by making a lot of errors, and you remember those lessons better as well. Also, many folks that I know don't use their real, or least not their full, name on their computer for this type of reason. I don't on mine. If it will make you feel any better, my real name is John Welch. Now we're even. Feel any better? As far as the names being "broadcast to all casual readers of this Forum", that will happen any time the person includes their name inside a text file that they choose to post on the forum. Since Last Session.ini was a text file that you were encouraged to look at yourself before posting, and you said you did that, you had the opportunity to edit that file, deleting any info that you didn't want to share, before posting it.

Also, nLite is not a simple, harmless program like Notepad. It is a powerful, complex program that assumes that the user has read everything that they can find about the program. It is also assumed that the user has a certain amount of general computer knowledge, though no, the exact prior knowledge assumed is not specified.

It is recommended that you not use your desktop for your nLite work. It is better to use a folder located on the root of your drive, such as C:\nLite. There are three reasons for this that I can think of:

1) No risk of personal identifying info in the file path.

2) No spaces in the file path

3) Not a long file path

(2) and (3), spaces in the file path and long file paths, have caused problems with many programs in the past, including nLite. Most programs have been fixed so this is not an issue, but why take a chance?

At this point, I think we're waiting for you to ask us another question. Is there anything that you think you already asked that you are waiting on us for an answer?

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

I assume Mr. K-- deleted the LS -U.ini file as my mistake in sending the _u file had been done before Post #56 where he said -U file is only for the individual user's info.Now we know.

Since sending three (3) LS.ini (with and without the _u) I have not seen one single bit of suggested response to the stuff everyone seemed to want.

Now you say I should move the files to some other placxe on the disk.

These suggestions coming in dribs and drabs are distracting, at best, First time I ever needed to move a file for development. Whatever.

You say you are waiting for a question. Here it is: When will specific suggestions be published based on the info in the Last Session.ini??

Until I hear specific suggestions, I will just cool it. No moving files.

He already gave you a suggestion based on your last session.ini. I also checked over the last session.ini and saw you did the updates correctly....oldest first. You would only have received a suggestion if you did it wrong.

By the way, just to clarify a point, I sent a Last Session _u.ini file.. NO ONE mentioned before Post #56 differences in LS.ini

I did what I was "unclearly" asked to do. Nothing said pro or con aboutthe _u file.

Manually copy the XP to the root of your home drive in its own folder call it something simple like XP_OLD (NO spaces)

put the sp3 BESIDE the folder at the root.

I seem to remember one of the first posts I posted suggesting you place the XP and SP at "The root" of your home drive... That would be c:\

Also please read the FAQ I keep quoting in the main nLite thread:

There is TONS of info in there.

I added the following to the FAQ that I created and maintain.

When posting the last_session.ini file send the one from the root of your processed OS disk folder or the one on the ISO that you have created, Also the last session file with the "U" on it can contain personal information and should not be shared...

Also please calm down! You are getting quite angry and frustrated. We don't deserve the anger you seem to be showing we are trying our best to assist you.

I just noticed something else with your last session.ini. You did not remove WindowsXP-KB2761465-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB2510581-x86-ENU.exe and WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe.

I added the following to the FAQ that I created and maintain.

When posting the last_session.ini file send the one from the root of your processed OS disk folder or the one on the ISO that you have created, Also the last session file with the "U" on it can contain personal information and should not be shared...

Also please calm down! You are getting quite angry and frustrated. We don't deserve the anger you seem to be showing we are trying our best to assist you.

You are right about being angry with myself. I should never have sent the Last Sessions.ini files. That was my mistake in following blindly many suggestions to do so.

No more.

Thanks foryour help.

Have a Happy Holiday Season.

Manually copy the XP to the root of your home drive in its own folder call it something simple like XP_OLD (NO spaces)

put the sp3 BESIDE the folder at the root.

I seem to remember one of the first posts I posted suggesting you place the XP and SP at "The root" of your home drive... That would be c:\

Also please read the FAQ I keep quoting in the main nLite thread:

There is TONS of info in there.

I did create a file XP_OLD and copied the XP to that file on C:\XP_OLD..

I just noticed something else with your last session.ini. You did not remove WindowsXP-KB2761465-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB2510581-x86-ENU.exe and WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe.

I did replace the IE8 files. The names are identical.

Sorry, they're not.

As I compare the titles of the files, a character comparison gives the same result.

So be it. If the 3 IE8 updates are not the correct 3 IE8s, I will just overlook it if you will.

Can we just stop this back and forth now.

I am going to take off a few or several days for the holidays, at least..

I will responed to comments and suggestions after I return.

Merry Christmas.

Here, maybe this will help you understand...

From your last session.ini

[Hotfixes]

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\Adobe.Flash.Player.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\Kernel-Mode.Drivers-reg-entry.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\rvkroots.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsUpdateAgent7.6.7600.256.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB892130-ENU-x86.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB946648-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB950974-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB951376-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB951978-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB952004-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB952287-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB952954-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB953155-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB955759-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB956572-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB956744-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB956802-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB956844-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB960859-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB968389-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB969059-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB970430-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB970483-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB971029-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB971657-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB972270-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB973507-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB973815-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB973869-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB973904-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB974112-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB974318-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB974392-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB974571-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB975025-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB975254-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB975467-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB975560-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB975713-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB976323-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB977816-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB977914-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB978338-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB978542-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB978706-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB979309-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB979482-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB979687-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB981322-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB981997-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB982132-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB982665-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2115168-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2124261-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2229593-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2290570-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2296011-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2345886-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2347290-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2360937-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2387149-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2393802-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2419632-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2423089-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2440591-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2443105-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2476490-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2478960-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2478971-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2479943-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2481109-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2483185-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2485663-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2491683-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2506212-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2508429-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2509553-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2510581-x86-ENU.exe <- should be removed as stated in the footnote

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2535512-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2536276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe <- should be removed as stated in the footnote

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2544893-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2564958-X86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2566454-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2570947-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2584146-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2585542-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2592799-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2598479-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2603381-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2619339-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2620712-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2624667-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2631813-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2646524-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2653956-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2655992-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2659262-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2661254-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2661637-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2686509-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2691442-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2698365-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2705219-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2712808-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2719985-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2723135-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2724197-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2727528-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2736233-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2749655-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2753842-v2-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2758857-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2761465-x86-ENU.exe <- should be removed as stated in the footnote

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2770660-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2779030-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-KB2779562-x86-ENU.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB954155-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB975558-x86-ENU-fix.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\U.D.C. FILES\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB2378111-x86-ENU.cab

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\IE8 ADDON\IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.OnePiece.7z

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\IE8 ADDON\IE8-3 MODS\IE8-WindowsXP-KB2761465-x86-ENU.exe <- OK as you are slipstreaming IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.OnePiece.7z

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\IE8 ADDON\IE8-3 MODS\IE8-WindowsXP-KB2544521-x86-ENU.exe <- OK as you are slipstreaming IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.OnePiece.7z

C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\Desktop\IE8 ADDON\IE8-3 MODS\IE8-WindowsXP-KB2510531-x86-ENU.exe <- OK as you are slipstreaming IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.OnePiece.7z

Edited by -X-