A registry file to make google my home page for all browsers

MrHitch

iam wondering if anybody got a register file or anyway that makes google my default homepage for all browsers chrome,FireFox ,explorer i got a reg file for explorer already still need others chrome and fire fox thanks for reading

regards

Edited by MrHitch

"You can't always get what you want."

Well, you might can make a batch yourself that does what you want by running the various tools in command line mode, if they can be run that way that is. But depending how often you rebuild/install your OS, it might be a whole lot easier to just set them manually after installation. Other than the very small time saving if they can be set automatically, why do you feel you need this done automatically? And the tools you were pointed to seem to be able to do all you asked for and more for Chrome and Firefox, and you say you have a reg file that handles IE, so what's the problem? Do you just want someone to hand you a working solution that does exactly what you asked for, and nothing else, without you having to do any work yourself?

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I use to set my homepage with dual tabs for IE when doing a Win7 reinstall automatically Then I have my backed up Firefox and Chrome files saved to reinstall as well..

@echo off
:: Browsers.cmd
set primary=http://www.google.com/
set secondary=http://www.bing.com/

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Start Page" /t REG_SZ /d "%primary%" /f > NUL
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Secondary Start Pages" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "%secondary%" /f > NUL

:: For Firefox and Chrome

:: Copy from Root of USB
for %%i in (d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set usb=%%i:
:: Variable
set copy=xcopy /cqhysei

::chrome first run files (bookmarks,default page,theme)
%copy% %usb%\wpi\copy\chromelocal\Google %userprofile%\appdata\local\Google>nul
::firefox first run files (bookmarks,default page,addons,plugins,menu bar)
%copy% %usb%\wpi\copy\FFLocal\Mozilla %userprofile%\appdata\local\Mozilla>nul
%copy% %usb%\wpi\copy\FFRoam\Mozilla %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\Mozilla>nul

Edited by DosProbie